EchoStar & DirecTV to sell WildBlue Interent

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I know that if I ever get broadband I want the full advantage of it, especially at the cost that satellite broadband is. I know that the browser accelerator software really helped on dialup since I first got it. HUGE difference. Its a difference in night and day. I would think that one would have to have the accelerator software on the broadband connection too to notice as much of a difference on browsing.

Stargazer said:
That don't sound as bad as having to go that speed the rest of the month (if that is the case) if you go over the speed once with the other satellite providers, or does their FAP work differently?

No with WildBlue if you exceed the rolling 30 day FAP, your speed is lowered / restricted until your rolling 30 day average is back under 80% of the FAP. Also, whenever your DL/UL amount reaches 80%, they send you an advisery via email, and in your customer account settings you can check you DL/UL totals quite easily.

We will notify you via your WildBlue contact email address if your Usage Total reaches 80% or more of the Usage Threshold. If at any time your Usage Total is above the Usage Threshold, we will reduce your WildBlue access speeds, typically to 128 kbps in the downstream (from the Internet to you) and 28 kbps in the upstream (from you to the Internet) until your Usage Total is 80% or less than the Usage Threshold. Once your Usage Total reaches this level, your access speeds will be restored to the original speed levels by the next day."

WildBlue FAP Monthly Usage Thresholds

Value Pak Select Pak Pro Pak
Upload Threshold (MB) 1
2,300 3,000 5,000
Download Threshold (MB) 2
7,500 12,000 17,000

Complete FAP Policy:
http://www.wildblue.com/legal/fair.jsp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts