EchoStar Names New President, Vice Chairman

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
EchoStar Names New President, Vice Chairman

Neuman, Vogel to Assume Key Duties at Satellite TV Company
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (June 20, 2005) - EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that it has appointed Michael A. Neuman as president and chief operating officer, overseeing day-to-day operations. The Company today also appointed board member Carl Vogel as vice chairman. He will focus his efforts on financial and strategic initiatives as a full-time employee of the Company.

Neuman, most recently the president of Bell Canada Enterprises subsidiary Bell Mobility, fills a post that had been vacant for more than a year. He led Canada's leading wireless carrier to its most profitable growth in its 19-year history. He was with Bell Mobility for three years and previously served as president of Bell ExpressVu Satellite Television, WorldLinx Telecommunications and Cerberus Canada.

"I am excited about joining the company that has been such an innovator in the pay-TV industry," Neuman said; "and I look forward to the role I can play in advancing EchoStar's push into some dynamic new products and services."

Vogel joined EchoStar's board of directors in May. Most recently, he was president and chief executive officer of Charter Communications, a Fortune 500 company. Prior to joining Charter, Vogel held various senior executive positions with companies affiliated with Liberty Media Corporation and was responsible for portfolio investments in subscription television, content distribution, broadband, telecommunications and satellite sectors worldwide. He was also chairman and CEO of Primestar and CEO of Star Choice until each company was sold or merged with other satellite operators.

Vogel, who was EchoStar's president from 1994 to 1997, was a key member of the executive team that created DISH Network.

"EchoStar's combination of energy and entrepreneurialism gives it a unique place in the media industry and I'm thrilled to be back," said Vogel. "EchoStar has built a significant business and an excellent relationship with its customers, providing a platform and a balance sheet to participate in a number of new opportunities for an expansion of its business that would add value to our customers and shareholders."

EchoStar Chairman and CEO Charles Ergen said the Company is delighted to acquire the services of both executives at such a competitive time in the industry.

"We are fortunate Carl and Michael have joined the EchoStar team," said Ergen. "Their knowledge of the industry and managerial talent will strengthen our Company and position it for continued success."

About EchoStar Communications

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11.2 million satellite TV customers through its DISH NetworkÔ, and is a leading U.S. provider of advanced digital television services. DISH Network's services include hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. EchoStar has been a leader for 25 years in satellite TV equipment sales and support worldwide. EchoStar is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 500 company. Visit EchoStar's Web site at <www.echostar.com> or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

With this news I suspect that we may see the words "A Viacom Company" listed with descriptions of Echostar in the future.

Anyone else getting this feeling?

Scott Greczkowski said:
[He was also chairman and CEO of Primestar and CEO of Star Choice until each company was sold or merged with other satellite operators.

That is what struck me. He seems to be the go-to guy when mergers or aquisitions happen.

and now that you mention Viacom I'm starting to think my theories of Dish prepping themselves for a merger/sale that were so strong a year or so ago might have some footing.

I must admit I thought Voom was it... but now this... hmmmm

Scott Greczkowski said:
With this news I suspect that we may see the words "A Viacom Company" listed with descriptions of Echostar in the future.

Anyone else getting this feeling?

Remember when they were trying to convince Directv to buy them out?

Actually Firebird with was the other way around.

From where I sit last weeks news on how Viacom is splitting up and making CBS and their networks their own seperate company set off a red light in my head.

Why would Viacom split up a successful company? I believe they are doing this so if they buy Dish they don't have any regulatory problems aquiring the company.

Hey I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time. :)

Thank you Scott and all for keeping us informed. I like the way, how the forums here are being handled.
Matt

to be honest, carl vogal is the "adam baldwin/ted mcginley" of the communications industry-when he shows up, whatever he is involved with is either about to get sold or closed down-now, i don't expect to see the doors to E* closed anytime soon, but a buyout of some kind wouldn't surprise me at all...this is why carl was put on the earth...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts