Echostar Sanctions Over E-Mail Destruction Affirmed in Cablevision Lawsuit

Echostar is a stupid company and will lose this law suit. Can we say a big price increase in 2013.

I'll tell you, from where I'm sitting, I can't swallow much of a price increase, and I won't swallow the lose of a major sports channel like ESPN either if they decide to play that game, too. My contract will be up in 2013, and if I bundle my cable Internet with a cable TV package, I'll not only get the promotional intro rate, but also a bundling discount. Dish raises their rates dramatically at their own peril with customers like me. I hate the cable company, but with a rough financial situation, I don't hate the cable company enough to burn a big monetary differential. I also hate the hassle of switching, but, same deal, I'll do it if the financial incentive is big enough, or Dish stops delivering an acceptable range of channels.

I already deal with a situation with Dish where MSNBC is my most watched news channel and I can't always afford to have a package that has it. NBC Sportschannel is important during hockey season, too, and that's an even higher tier. I try to move up, can't handle it financially, and wind up moving back down. With cable, they're both channels in the regular tier. Cable refuses to carry CSN+ in my area, which is some Caps games, so Dish has the fact that they do carry it going for them, but I'm not so sure it'll be enough if Dish stops being competitive financially, unless they were to drop MSNBC and NBCSN into 120+ or something.

I'm sorry but Voom screwed US for months before DISH dropped them. One word described their service for the last year we had them: RERUNS!

According to the papers filed by Voom, they complied with the revised programming schedule that was requested by EchoStar, against their objections, because EchoStar was threatening termination. Voom later concluded this was done as a deliberate attempt to devalue the VoomHD product and make it more palatable to DishHD subscribers when they illegally termined the affiliation agreement. Again, this is what VOOM said when they filed way back in May 2008...and so far everything they asserted has not been disputed by the evidence. I don't say Voom wasn't somewhat culpable, but VoomHD was a parnership (Voom and EchoStar) and E* certainly knew what was going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts