Echostar to Purchase Sirius Satellite Radio?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If it happens maybe they will replace the music channels with Sirius. I prefer the Sirius music programming to the dish music channels.

We could only hope, the Muzak channels on Dish stink.

I have currently have 5 XM radio and love it, however if Dish were to do something with SIRIUS I could see myself jumping.

I think this would be another opportunity for Dish to diversify along with providing broadband and dvr functionality along with the other things they have done to generate extra revenue.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Well, there's one station that they HAVE to keep; Tropical Breezes. This is one of things that kept me from switching to D*, as nutso as it may sound. I have it feeding into my Tiki Bar all summer for that "island" feel and use it to help on those frigid winter days :) Too bad it's in mono :( Called Muzak about that but couldn't get any good answer. They blamed E* and alloted bandwidth issues. E*, of course, said to take it up with Muzak. Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me. Oh well.

That brings up another question. Is it possible that one of these DBS (Dish or DirectTV) might actually offer, someday, a music channel that broadcasts in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround?

Stacy

Thats a very good question right there in itself. I am wondering if satellite radio offers any Dolby Digital 5.1 surround on their systems?

I bet if Dish did buy Sirius Satellite Radio that you would start seeing those audio channels we have right now being replaced with those offered on their service if it does in fact save Dish money (unless they think people would buy the satellite instead of satellite radio and want something different on the dbs tv satellite than on the satellite radio service). They could offer a package on Dish of those channels.

Stacy A said:
Or, at the very least Dish could offer billing of subscription satellite radio on your regular Dish bill.

Stacy

CC auto pay required. :mrgreen:

Perhaps they could expand the channels even further by offering more of their video service as an audio service as well on the satellite radio while offering more for the Dish customers by providing them with more audio services.

I suspect if E* should buy Sirus, they would keep the Muzak DishCD in AT100&150 and DishAudio in AT150 but offer Sirus Radio as a Premium add on service but at a discount when added to core tv programing packages.

Remember siruis does not use geosynchronous satellites so if E* uses them they would have to also add them to some other satellite.

If Echostar added Sirius to it's lineup, that would be awesome!

I have come very close to switching to D* just for Music Choice...

lfsnz67 said:
If Echostar added Sirius to it's lineup, that would be awesome!

I have come very close to switching to D* just for Music Choice...
Whats the difference? You'd still need to buy a Sirius radio.... If you want better music from your DSB provider, you'll still need to switch.

AndyMon said:
Scott Greczkowski said:
Well, there's one station that they HAVE to keep; Tropical Breezes. This is one of things that kept me from switching to D*, as nutso as it may sound. I have it feeding into my Tiki Bar all summer for that "island" feel and use it to help on those frigid winter days :) Too bad it's in mono :( Called Muzak about that but couldn't get any good answer. They blamed E* and alloted bandwidth issues. E*, of course, said to take it up with Muzak. Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me. Oh well.

Seems to me you should be able to find a CD with the same music as this in stores or online with a bit of research.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)