Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Echostar Satellite Services delivers transponder solution for SkyWay uSA’s broadband internet service
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Sept. 29, 2008 – EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) and its EchoStar Satellite Services announced today that it has entered into an agreement with SkyWay USA LLC to provide transponder service to support SkyWay USA’s satellite broadband Internet service. Through the agreement, EchoStar will provide SkyWay USA with domestic Ku-band satellite bandwidth.

“We are pleased to enter into this agreement with SkyWay USA to provide them with critical bandwidth to support their rural satellite internet solution,” said Dean Olmstead, President of EchoStar Satellite Services. “With EchoStar’s U.S. fleet of powerful Ku and Ka-band satellites, we were able to provide an immediate solution to help SkyWay USA expand its customer base.”

EchoStar’s capacity will be used by SkyWay USA to provide high speed satellite internet services to rural America. EchoStar represents a significant source of Ku-band and Ka-band satellite capacity together with satellite-related products and uplink support services.

“We are very excited about our multi-transponder, long-term agreement with EchoStar,” said Dwayne Hay, CEO of SkyWay USA. “Our agreement with this strategic partner gives SkyWay the green light to rapidly deploy our hybrid satellite internet platform while not being concerned about satellite capacity for the next several years.”

For more information on EchoStar Satellite Services or for occasional or full time satellite bandwidth, contact 866-359-8804.

Looks like it's $30, $50, $60, and $80/mo depending upon download speed. $80/mo gets you 1.5Mbps. Upload is of course putrescent since that goes over your phone line.

you'd be surprised.... I installed quite a few of them (i did installation work for them before I moved). It is slow compared to WB or Hughes (I install those too).

Also, their FAP is really really low.

I saw the press release from Echostar a day or two ago and did some looking around...

AMC-15 is where Skyway USA has contracted.

I saw such service at 105W last year. DVB-S2 btw.

I don't think they are the same service. The DVB-S2 signals left a few months ago and the Skyway service -- if i found the right transponder for them - is DVB-S.

These can be self installed since it is just a one-way service. After all the trouble I read about their service I have stayed clear of them. I was going to sell their service and get the service for myself until I read about their problems on the forums so I bought into a wireless internet business instead.

I was going to sell their service and get the service for myself until I read about their problems on the forums so I bought into a wireless internet business instead.
Good move...I made the mistake you did not...horror after horror.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts