EchoStar X

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Rumor is HDLIL (or atleast normal locals), as its a large spotbeam satellite, has tons of spotbeams on it!

CJPC said:
Rumor is HDLIL (or atleast normal locals), as its a large spotbeam satellite, has tons of spotbeams on it!
Maybe it will replace 61.5 and I won't have to put up a new dish (Fl location) since it is at 110.
Wishful thinking?

Yeah, wishful :/

Its so they can meet the 1 dish requirement, get locals off 61.5 and 148 to 129 and 110 (off Super dishes id bet too, just an odd duck, to say the least)

However, northeast HDLIL is going on 61.5, but the leftovers of NE locals on 61.5 may go to 110, noone knows for sure yet!

CJPC said:
Its so they can meet the 1 dish requirement, get locals off 61.5 and 148 to 129 and 110 (off Super dishes id bet too, just an odd duck, to say the least)
However, northeast HDLIL is going on 61.5, but the leftovers of NE locals on 61.5 may go to 110, noone knows for sure yet!
Thank you for you insight

CJPC said:

Common misunderstanding here. The FCC judgement is that all LOCALS must be receivable from one dish. They don't even have to be on the same bird if the dish can cover both slots. Further, there is no requirement that the rest of the channels need to be receivable from the same dish. Therefore the following applies:

Denver - 5 stations on 110, another 6 or so must-carry stations on 148. This is illegal, and DISH moved the must carry stations to 129, and now provides a DISH 1000 to anyone who signs up for Denver locals or any current subscriber who asks for full carry.

Cheyenne, Wyoming - All local stations on 148. This is legal and if you sign up for DISH in Cheyenne and purchase locals, you will get a 2 dish solution with a DISH 500 and a 300 for 148. This satisfies the FCC requirement.

jayn_j said:
Common misunderstanding here. The FCC judgement is that all LOCALS must be receivable from one dish. They don't even have to be on the same bird if the dish can cover both slots. Further, there is no requirement that the rest of the channels need to be receivable from the same dish. Therefore the following applies:
Denver - 5 stations on 110, another 6 or so must-carry stations on 148. This is illegal, and DISH moved the must carry stations to 129, and now provides a DISH 1000 to anyone who signs up for Denver locals or any current subscriber who asks for full carry.
Cheyenne, Wyoming - All local stations on 148. This is legal and if you sign up for DISH in Cheyenne and purchase locals, you will get a 2 dish solution with a DISH 500 and a 300 for 148. This satisfies the FCC requirement.

Umm, thought that is what I said, simply put most boston dma locals are on 110/119 w/ the exception of 3-4, mostlikely they will move off 61.5 to 110/119, just was trying to give an example, guess i didnt clarify myself!

Does anyone know if dish will carry a live feed of the lauch.. I would love to see that on ch 101 :) So dish if your listening :) ... hint hint :) maybe they can even carry it in HD On the demo channel :D.. wishfull thinking :)

Dish did carry live video of the E-9 satellite launch back in 2003 and it was also a launch on a Zenit 3 rocket by Sea Launch. I don't think the camera feeds from the Sea Launch command ship are HD so if Dish does show in HD it would have be upconverted.

Dish has shown all their previous 8 launches on 101 (or 100 when that was the Dish FYI channel). Of course there was nowhere to show the E*1 launch. :) I don't see why they wouldn't show this one. But the HD part may be more difficult than just flipping a switch. See all the cameras, routers, switchers, graphics, and transmission systems would also have to be HD. That is still very expensive to do in comparison to the standard NTSC/PAL/SECAM systems out there already in place

See ya
Tony

Last edited:
Yeah, thats true! Though taking a HD truck on a ship = easy, getting the signal to stay locked with the waves may not be!

Irregardless, HD or not, still gonna watch it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts