Echostar XI ready for launch July 15th - Official SeaLaunch Annoncement

Some seem to be off by a day here..

launch schedule - the most comprehensive list of future launches on the web

It says..

July 17: Echostar 11
launcher: Zenit 3SL
launch site: Sea Launch's Odyssey platform in the Pacific Ocean
mission: commercial communications satellite

As I fast forward through this page it shows multiple spy missions! :eek: (I would think that would be top secret). But it does not describe Ceil 2's mission at all when mentioned. Scroll down to December.

Also, if you look right under Ceil 2, you will find a launch of Echostar 13 also scheduled for December. What is this and I never saw anything around here about this. Or am I just blind?

That guy's schedule seems out of date. Latest news is July 16, 1:21 am EDT. However, that could easily change. As far as Ciel 2, that is likely to go up Jan 2009, provided there are no further Proton/Briz issues. I'm not sure what's up with Echostar 13. I though that was meant for China and the Olympics.

And spy missions are easily tracked. Anyone can easily figure out what satellites are spy missions, and when they will have passes. The big thing to keep secret is their capabilities.

It says..

As I fast forward through this page it shows multiple spy missions! :eek: (I would think that would be top secret). But it does not describe Ceil 2's mission at all when mentioned. Scroll down to December.

Also, if you look right under Ceil 2, you will find a launch of Echostar 13 also scheduled for December. What is this and I never saw anything around here about this. Or am I just blind?

Gunter's Space Page - Information on Launch vehicles, Satellites, Space Shuttle and Astronautics

It says..

Lyngsat is now showing it for the 16th.

OFFICIAL LAUNCH ANNOUNCEMENT FROM SEA LAUNCH - JULY 15th

Sea Launch is preparing for the launch of the EchoStar XI direct broadcast satellite (DBS) on July 15, with liftoff planned at 10:21pm Pacific Time (5:21 GMT, July 16). On this mission, a Zenit-3SL vehicle will lift the 5,511 kg (12,150 lb) spacecraft - the measured separated mass - to Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit, from the launch pad on the Odyssey Launch Platform, positioned on the Equator in the Pacific Ocean. Built on a Space System/Loral 1300-series platform, EchoStar XI will support the expansion of DISH Network capacity to customers throughout the United States.

Sea Launch Mission page - EchoStar XI

You can follow this link to view the launch from the SeaLaunch web-site:
http://www.boeing.com/special/sea-launch/current_index_webcast.html

Is a show planned on channel 101? This time they better keep the show going until the bird reaches the proper orbit. Last time, soon after the show ended, the rocket shut down.

Maybe Charlie should just drive this thing into the proper spot. And while he is up there waiting for a lift home Jim can turn Voom back on for us for the while. :D

Is a show planned on channel 101? This time they better keep the show going until the bird reaches the proper orbit. Last time, soon after the show ended, the rocket shut down.

Maybe Charlie should just drive this thing into the proper spot. And while he is up there waiting for a lift home Jim can turn Voom back on for us for the while. :D

For this launch it should be quite a bit sooner to know if the launch vehicle has performed properly. According to the Sea Launch website, the satellite separates from the launch vehicle about 1 hour after lift-off and 10 minutes later, there should be acquisition of a signal from the satellite.

At the moment, the program guide on my 722 will advance up till 7:30 pm EST, Thursday, July 17th.

There is no mention of launch coverage at any time on Channel 101.

Of course, they can change this at any time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts