Eddie Guerrero passes away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steroid related? What? Years of drug effects, the after-effects from his accidents, years of bumps, that makes sense, but steroids? C'mon man...

Since smackdown was going to invade raw anyways, all the guys will be in one house. The eddie tribute show should be as good or better than the owen hart tribute show was. I just hope they show actual eddie matches. That's the one thing I missed during the owen tribute, I didn't want to see the guys go out and wrestle each other...

I realize the guys need closure so I won't be upset if they don't show eddie matches, but I'd like to see his title win, maybe some old WCW matches where he won titles, etc...

Always sad when a wrestler dies like this. When you watch these guys for as long as most of us have, it's like losing a member of the family. I'm not as sad about eddie for some reason, but it's still a shot to the stomach when you see it.

RIP Eddie

Suicide maybe? I am not a wraslin' fan, but I saw this.

London Sun has an article with Eddie Guerrero. Here is an quote: "It's a great responsibility being champion, as you're the one carrying the ball, and I found it very difficult. It was the first time I'd held the title and I don't think I was ready. I was ready to win the belt, but not for what lay ahead of me. I wasn't prepared mentally for what happens outside the ring - because I think that's where the real challenges lie. I was taking things like attendances and ratings very personally. I'm an extremist and that's one thing I'd like to change in my life. It's good to be hard on myself but not to the point where I beat myself up about things. If I'm honest and look back at my mistakes then I was too hard on myself when I was carrying the title. I let things eat me up inside and I questioned myself when I shouldn't have, but it's a lesson learned and I won't make that mistake again."

WWE management has repeatedly told Eddie Guerrero that he is not to blame for the poor ratings and house show business that plagued WWE during his SmackDown! title reign. Although he does not have to carry the burden of WWE champion, Eddie is still dealing with some depression and morale issues. It is believed that Guerrero is feeling the stress-related effects of working himself too hard.

"Eddie Guerrero was found this morning with his toothbrush in his mouth on the bathroom floor. He apparently died while brushing his teeth. The belief among those within WWE is that he had a heart failure. PWTorch.com reports that shortly after Guerrero's body was removed from the room, Chris Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Dean Malenko and Chavo Guerrero all visited the hotel room to say their final goodbyes. Many WWE staffers were visibly shaken by this as they left the hotel and headed for the arena. "

www.thewrestlinganswer.com

Watching the WWE feed right now of MNR This is a huge shock to everyone... as when every one was on stage.... I didnt see a WWE superstar that wasnt crying..

Both the articles posted here are inaccurate. The one about his title reign is old and doesn't apply, and according to chavo's own words, the one about him being in the bathroom isn't true either. Chavo didn't say he found him on the bed but he didn't indicate he was in the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth either...

I'm a little disappointed in TNA. Christian debuted and didn't wear an eddie armband. He was his co-worker the entire time eddie worked in WWE with the exception of the last week, and doesn't pay tribute. That's no class to me, and to keep his WWE-bashing speech after the events of the day also shows no class to me. He could have altered it a little bit IMO.

I was at the show last night at Target Center...big Supershow (since both are in Europe this week RAW & Smackdown were taped)

very emotional night...hopefully it comes off as good on TV as it was live

RIP Eddie :(

ice, from watching the feed of lastnights supershow.... it came off really good... If i had an extra hd I would have recorded it for you so that way you could have downloaded and watched it tonight.. the only thing that sucked about lastnights show was that the feed did not have the braudcasters talking.. It looked more like an arena feed with the camera action of a MNR... but It was still good though.

Purogamer said:
Steroid related? What? Years of drug effects, the after-effects from his accidents, years of bumps, that makes sense, but steroids? C'mon man...

You need to get out from under that rock once in awhile. Steriods can shrink internal organs, cause cancer and heart failure. Many athletes die early from the affects of steriod use. Wrestlers in particular.

"
According to Keith Pinckard, a medical examiner in Dallas who has followed wrestling fatalities, professional wrasslers are more than 12 times more likely to die of heart disease than other Americans ages 25 to 44. Mike “Road Warrior Hawk” Hegstrand, Richard “Ravishing Rick Rude” Rood, Curt Henning, Davey Boy Smith, and “Flyin’” Brian Pillman are just a few of the recent wrassling casualties attributed in part to steroid abuse.

Former NFL All-Pro Lyle Alzado died of brain cancer at 39 after a long history of steroid and human growth hormone abuse. During his career, he suffered from numerous bouts of “roid rage” both on and off the field. At one time, his cholesterol count was higher than 400, and a plastic surgeon twice removed baseball-sized lumps from his buttocks, where he had injected himself over the years. "

http://www.ramonajournal.com/news/2005/0326/Front_Page/006.html

Hawk used roids, Rude used roids, Henning used roids, davey used roids, pillman used roids (guy had a shattered ankle...), but to insist that eddie used them is purely speculative. For what purpose? He wasn't bulky, he wasn't in constant pain, he was lean, he's naturally quick and agile, etc...I just don't know why you'd assume so quickly that roids had anything to do with it...If Vince McMahon falls over, fine, but eddie guerrero?

i remember one time when eddie had one of those extended vacations and came back totally ripped. not saying he was on the juice, but it sure looked like it at that time.

Just thought I would mention that over at http://shopzone.wwe.com they have Eddie Guerrero tribute shirts for $20 adult and $15 youth. All proceeds going to his family. If you spend over $50 you can get free shipping by using code "santa".
I bought 5 (one for each member of my family) just to show respect and to help out the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts