raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
It seems to be down, but I checked two "is it down" websites and they both say it's up.

HoTat2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 12, 2012
Los Angeles, CA.
Same problem here I just noticed ...

I now keep getting directed to a site for kitchen countertops, sinks, and remodeling supplies with the same "iamanedgecutter.com" URL

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Exactly, this is a domain seller, click the privacy policy at the bottom. They likely didn't renew and it was taken, or less likely they were leasing it and it expired.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
He's likely going to have to mull over whether to pay the inflated price they'll want to sell the domain back to him. It's a business model of extortion, or at least that is my assumption.

It really wasn't that dire. The hosting service where Iamanedgecutter is located had a RAID hard drive failure 24 hours ago. It is taking an extraordinarily long time to restore from back up. The Domain name still points to the proper IP address. It just doesn't respond, and somehow our browsers are going into a search mode. The Admins for the forum are PO'd, but they can't do anything quickly. I'm just a moderator there, so all I can do is watch, and hope it is back by tomorrow.

Last edited:

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Looks like their web hosting service isn’t that solid. Surprising for a company that calls themselves solid signal.

But I think they lost the domain. That’s a domain squatter page. You typically see that when a domain expires and it’s quickly registered.

Looks similar to Dishpro.com which was a domain I used to own, but lost because I let it expire when I was in the hospital for a month in March 2014

DNS (Domain Name Service) still points to a proper address at uscentral402.accountservergroup.com. If I put that address into a browser, I get a 404 error. The parasite site that you get if you put in Iamanedgecutter.com is taking advantage of search engine features.

doctor J

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2005
Yep, it's back up ...

But looks like some of the most recent posts made within a few days before the incident occurred are missing now .....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Backup was from 2/18/2020
Wednesday data was lost, some, ie mine , has been reposted
Doctor j

longhorn23

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 21, 2017
Rowlett, TX
Looks like their web hosting service isn’t that solid. Surprising for a company that calls themselves solid signal.

But I think they lost the domain. That’s a domain squatter page. You typically see that when a domain expires and it’s quickly registered.

Looks similar to Dishpro.com which was a domain I used to own, but lost because I let it expire when I was in the hospital for a month in March 2014
Nope you were wrong. They did not lose the domain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)