Edgecutter??

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Claude,
Is there anyone that you like anymore ?
Just not a fan of solid signal. They stole a few accounts from me here in Detroit. Instead of doing a DRE account the right way for a small Motel, they put the customer under an SD/HD migration, made the customer pay $1000 for the install which they where not allowed to charge the customer.

Then they sent out some hack installer, who left the mess below with switches dangling off Dishes.

Then when I write them an email calling them out on it, because I had their customer begging to pay me to come clean up their mess, they wrote me back telling me to go F off.

Only reason why I emailed them because I didn’t want to touch this job because I didn’t have time and wanted them to pay to clean it up and do the customer right.

After multiple phone calls from the customer, I agreed to fix solid signals mess

My quote originally was $2500 for this job for the receivers and everything.

By the time this was done, customer paid me $2500 to clean up the mess, plus the $1000 they paid the hack from Solid Signal.

Customer got screwed at the end, and I still can’t service this customer how I like because it’s a solid signal account and they get the residuals.

For someone who writes their own blogs and tries to be the Directv “Experts” when it comes to multiple receiver installs, they should be ashamed of themselves doing this type of work.

And let’s not get into all the Directv equipment people buy from them that they do their customers a favor by activating the equipment so the customer doesn’t have to call AT&T.

They sell the equipment to you at full price, and then activate it under a promotion where the equipment should have been free, and get paid for the equipment twice, and pocket the install money that AT&T provided for them to install it.

Then people come on the forums saying how easy it was to activate equipment through them, not realizing the equipment and install should have been provided for free, that they paid MSRP on their website.

Before
IMG_5970.JPG
IMG_5969.JPG
IMG_5968.JPG

Last edited:

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
First of all Claude,
The ONLY reason people get recvrs from SS is because they will give you the recvr you ASK for, where D/Att try to push you off in to the HS17 and clients BS ...

Or, because its faster as I can get a recvr here the next day, vs potentially having to wait MUCH longer.
I also don't have to take a day off work and wait for D/att to make it to my home.

The other side of it is what you said, you have to pay full price ... thats the customers choice.

I have ordered from SS once for a recvr, the majority of the time I go thru the main D/att center.

The work you showed ... your STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT, and it happened what 10 years ago ?

Get over it, move on, I have seen those pictures for many years now.

Have you EVER had a job that didn't turn out perfect ...

Its much different when you work on your own as your not pushed to have the job done in 10 minutes so you can get to the next customer.

You hold grudes against companies way too long, let it go, move on.

You don't like SS and you don't like Att, so your probably pretty happy about this event.
I could go on and on about other companies you don't like.

As far as that install that you went back on, for them to leave it like that, your right, it was wrong, they should have taken the job and made it right, thats on thier rep, not yours.

The customer should have contacted them and addressed it with them ....
You shouldn't have been involved at all.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
First of all Claude,
The ONLY reason people get recvrs from SS is because they will give you the recvr you ASK for, where D/Att try to push you off in to the HS17 and clients BS ...

Or, because its faster as I can get a recvr here the next day, vs potentially having to wait MUCH longer.
I also don't have to take a day off work and wait for D/att to make it to my home.

The other side of it is what you said, you have to pay full price ... thats the customers choice.

I have ordered from SS once for a recvr, the majority of the time I go thru the main D/att center.

The work you showed ... your STILL COMPLAINING ABOUT, and it happened what 10 years ago ?

Get over it, move on, I have seen those pictures for many years now.

Have you EVER had a job that didn't turn out perfect ...

Its much different when you work on your own as your not pushed to have the job done in 10 minutes so you can get to the next customer.

You hold grudes against companies way too long, let it go, move on.

You don't like SS and you don't like Att, so your probably pretty happy about this event.
I could go on and on about other companies you don't like.

As far as that install that you went back on, for them to leave it like that, your right, it was wrong, they should have taken the job and made it right, thats on thier rep, not yours.

The customer should have contacted them and addressed it with them ....
You shouldn't have been involved at all.
We finished that job about 6 months ago.

I’m not disagreeing about solid signal being faster than AT&T.

All I’m saying is if your Directv account qualifies for a free upgrade and install, does Solid Signal have the right to use your free upgrade, and charge you for the receiver at full MSRP and not tell you?

Because that’s exactly what they are doing

They make everyone think they have some special back Door special way to activate equipment. They don’t. The only way to activate equipment is writing up a work order and putting the customer under a promotion.

Seriously. If you bought equipment from Solid Signal and they activated it for you, call Directv.

I guarantee the equipment is leased and your under agreement for another 2 years. The fact you didn’t sign anything makes no difference as directv retailers are not required to send in signed contracts to Directv to get paid on installs or upgrades.

Unlike Dish, every time there is promotion or upgrade the retailer is required to send in the signed paperwork to get paid.

If you had a hack installer come to your house and do an upgrade and charge you for their labor for something that should be free. Would you call back the same hack if you wanted things done right? That’s why the customer paid me to fix it, and didn’t want to deal with ss

comp9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 24, 2017
PA
We finished that job about 6 months ago.

I’m not disagreeing about solid signal being faster than AT&T.

All I’m saying is if your Directv account qualifies for a free upgrade and install, does Solid Signal have the right to use your free upgrade, and charge you for the receiver at full MSRP and not tell you?

Because that’s exactly what they are doing

They make everyone think they have some special back Door special way to activate equipment. They don’t. The only way to activate equipment is writing up a work order and putting the customer under a promotion.

Seriously. If you bought equipment from Solid Signal and they activated it for you, call Directv.

I guarantee the equipment is leased and your under agreement for another 2 years. The fact you didn’t sign anything makes no difference as directv retailers are not required to send in signed contracts to Directv to get paid on installs or upgrades.

Unlike Dish, every time there is promotion or upgrade the retailer is required to send in the signed paperwork to get paid.

If you had a hack installer come to your house and do an upgrade and charge you for their labor for something that should be free. Would you call back the same hack if you wanted things done right? That’s why the customer paid me to fix it, and didn’t want to deal with ss
I agree with what you are saying. While they never got the HS17 i used to use weakness to buy my equipment as they would do the same thing as solid signal but not rip me off.

I don’t want get into a tearing session on SS but I could care less for the “blogger” over there One of the most pretentious people I have ever come across

dishrich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 8, 2003
Springfield, IL
Weakness is a good company to deal with.
A bit pricy on their Tivo upgrades, but I have done business with them and it’s plug and play on every hard drive they have sold me.
So WHY you buying HDD's from them then...you DO realize that (at least) on Roamio & newer models, you can just drop in new naked drives with NO prep needed; the boxes automatically format the new drive (just like on DirecTV DVR's) & you're good to go - done it many a time. ;)

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
So WHY you buying HDD's from them then...you DO realize that on Roamio & newer models, you can just drop in new naked drives with NO prep needed; the boxes automatically format the new drive (just like on DirecTV DVR's) & you're good to go - done it many a time. ;)
I’m talking when I had my Tivo SVR2000 and my replay Tv.

Anyone know where to get a 10 gig sata drive for an HR54?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)