Edges cut off of 16x9 HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EmpireState

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Hey, I'm watching CNN HD and on the left and right side of the wide screen the election result info graphics are cut off so I can't read them. I've been noticing this a lot with other HD channels where the logo in the corner is right on the edge of the screen or even cut off a little bit. The Smithsonian and Travel Channel HD logos are doing this. I thought maybe it was my TV, but the TV2 output to the 4:3 television shows the cut-off too, even when output as 16x9.

Is there any way to adjust this or is everyone seeing what I'm seeing. Check CNN HD and let me know if your left and right side graphics are cut off just a little so you can't see the full Delegate counts.

-thanks

Is it safe to assume that you have the 'format' correct? If not, try pressing the (*) key on the remote to cycle through the options.

Is it safe to assume that you have the 'format' correct? If not, try pressing the (*) key on the remote to cycle through the options.

Yes, the format is correct. It does it even when I choose an incorrect aspect ratio and can see the edges of the picture within the boundaries of the screen. The ends are slightly cropped on CNN HD and ESPN News HD. I can't see all the type in the side graphics, there's always one column of letters being cut off.

I had this same problem, and messed with TV settings for quite a while. The fix was too simple - I just had to use the original TV remote's curser to move the picture to the center of the screen.
(I found this on the FAQ of the TV model's website - maybe try your TV manufacturer / model website )

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts