Edit Name on recorded show with 622

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
Is there a way to capitalize additional words after the first one when using edit name on the 622? When I type in the first word it automatically capitalizes it but once I hit space and add a second word, everything is lower case. It seems like there must be a way to capitalize additional words in a title but I don't see how without a shift or cap key. Can it be done?

There actually is not a way right now. To me it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I can see why some people would want this to work.

I kind of wanted to rename a show the other day and the option is not available. I recorded something OTA for my daughter and all it shows is "Recovered", it plays just fine but don't like the "Recovered" title.

Thanks for the replies.

I have recorded just the musical performances from several shows like Jay Leno, Letterman, etc and am renaming them to indicate the performer instead of the name of the show. I can't archive them in HD and they're small recordings, so I plan to keep them on the 622 for quite a while.

The inability to capitalize subsequent words is also true using the search feature. I know it is a minor nuisance, but it has always bothered me not to be able to do it (kinda like misspelled words)...

i tried this, and the change doesnt seem to 'stick'. after i change the name, it still says 'Recovered' in the recorded list...although if i go back to re-edit, the name i changed Recovered to is in the edit box. Any idea if my 622 may be screwy, or are others having the same issue?

Also, would seem to be an easy programming change to auto-capitalize each entry after a 'space'. This, too, drives me nuts, especially in my farvorites list...and while i'm at it, sure would be nice if we could have more than 8 characters...seems possible...

The "Recovered" issue has to do with not subscribing to locals. Do a search and you'll find the answer.

Also, would seem to be an easy programming change to auto-capitalize each entry after a 'space'.

That would be an improvement but I would prefer having control of upper and lower case like you would on an actual keyboard.

Some titles require both upper and lower case such as 'Once Upon a Time in the West'.

Thanks. I think the Recovered issue has to do with the fact that Dish took away/isnt currently supporting subchannels on the EPG. I do subscribe to locals.

My question had to do with changing the name 'Recovered'...seems odd that i cant get the name 'Recovered' to 'stick' when the system lets me change it, but the change doesnt stick.

Last edited:
The "Recovered" issue has to do with not subscribing to locals. Do a search and you'll find the answer.

Not really Lakebum. I subscribe to my locals and I get that "Recovered" title on my recordings OTA. Specifically on one channel, that shows on the guide but it just shows "Digital Info". The majority of my OTA show guide, even the PBS channels. So it could be something releated to the "Digital Info" in the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)