Editing on Unihd/Bravo

Universal HD is one of the more popular channels in my eyes but they do have too many damn commercials in their movies. They are longer than the average 3 minute commercials on any other channel which seems like around 5 loud minutes but their movies are unedited. I don't even bother with Bravo anymore especially since getting HD mostly because as we all know there isn't much HD. Bravo is about as overrated as ND.

The thing is, the channels that edit things for content are usually the rule. Barring pay channels the ones that dont are the exception. Family friendly channels are just as important as unedited channels are. So long as both are made available we can all be happy campers. However.... if it came down to one or the other I would prefer it to be untouched and people can skip the stuff they dont want if they so choose.

Its been a very long time since I have actually watched Playboy TV. But at the time they did show some of the hardcore vids but with the genitals edited out. I guess that was to make them more appropriate in some way. Still doesnt mean I would let the family watch them. Well... not the minors. :D

Family friendly channels are just as important as unedited channels are.

Why can't a "family friendly" channel just show "family friendly" programming? Why censor a Dirty Harry movie? Just don't show it...leave it for the non "family friendly" channels.

Also, many movies had gratuitous
junk added for shock value. Swordfish showed Hally Berry's tits just because they new teenage boys would go see the move just for that. The scene added nothing to the movie.

Agreed. Well, I never saw that movie, but I don't care for any movie where the violence, profanity, or sex are gratuitous. Mainly because it's usually a way of compensating for a lousy movie.

But in your specific example...how does seeing Hally Berry topless hurt YOU? If you just think it's a lousy movie, fine...I have no doubt that it is. But how is it ruined by a beautiful woman's body?

Why can't a "family friendly" channel just show "family friendly" programming? Why censor a Dirty Harry movie? Just don't show it...leave it for the non "family friendly" channels.

Bingo! What a concept. Why do we need to try to make family un-friendly movies family friendlly?

Let's also take a bunch of CENSORED bumper stickers into the Louvre and cover up the naughty bits to make it family friendly...

The funniest edit I ever saw was "JFK" on NBC, where Joe Pesci's character is dubbed saying "mother fletcher" about a hundred times, which makes absolutely no sense.