Electric Surge through coaxial cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

klabauve

Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
louisiana
I have had the same satellite DTV for close to 4 years now with no changes. I bought a new tv last week and went to reinstall my dvr to the new tv through s video cable and cooked everything. DTV service man chased the problem all day monday changing all connections from dish to wall junction outside. He also changed the junction in attic to one you plug into electric outlet. Still had issues with good signal to my DVR so he pulled two new cables between dvr and junction in attic. There is still current running through the coax the eliminated all of the odd channels in the junction upstairs. Now the "shock" has transferred to the bedrooms and those boxes have been zapped. I am scheduled next week for an upgrade to HD with new dish and DVR. However I am still faced with the problem boxes in bedrooms. Anybody have problems with electric surge feeding through the coax?

You do know that the receivers use 13v & 18v to switch the LNBs? I suspect that a cable shorted out and therefore fried a receiver or two. Also, check the condition of the cables to see if the outer shield has been worn and is shorted somewhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts