Elevation / Declination Azimuth diagram

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pacificrim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
West Coast Canada
I just wanted thank whoever posted this image here originally

track.gif

It really helped me tweak my dish for the whole arc Ku after I just did some over adjusting. Specifically, I didn't adjust anything else except Declination once I knew saw the picture and compared my situation. CBand was not affected - strictly Ku

I used my elevation actuator to peak my Due South sat at 125w and then compared it to peaking other sats 10-20 degrees on either side and determined it was a bit over on declination. Crazy what a millimetre or two out of whack will do to Ku. Thanks for these resources! I probably would have adjusted (wrestled) my Azimuth if not for this pic. Cheers!

I

Breddy gud! I’m probably too far west I can’t get 87w, but I get 127w and 107 is zenith for me
My system easily tracks 87w - 139w. Could track further East if the roof peak was not blocking the horizon. At the previous business warehouse, 15 miles West of here, tracked 55w - 139w. Be sure the feedhorn is centered on the parabola then fine tune the elevation and declination settings.

No reason a polar mount can't track the entire arc, unless the dish parabola and/or mount is damaged or incorrectly assembled. .

Reactions: mr_rye89 and clucas
We are entering the next solar outage period - starting around October 8th or so. With the sun running on the same arc as the geostationary satellites for about a week, it is a great time to see which satellites are in your view and what might be blocking certain positions.

I also have a clear view of 87-139 and when there was at sat at 83w I went outside at 8am to see what was in its way - yup neighbour's tree.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I could barely read it when I was using it. It is a transparent GIF and depending on the background it is legible or not. It works in this post for me but if I open the GIF as a file on my mac it is pixelated garbage.

I'm going to make screen shot and resave it

It really did save me a bunch more time wasting wrench turning but broke my brain trying to read it
Probably should post a clearer image in a permanent location

I think I posted the original image. It actually came from here:
Their site has a copyright of 2013-2021. That image existed long before they used it. It is on this page saved from 2001 at the Wayback Machine from the now defunct geo-orbit site.

I shared that page myself back in 2014 after someone (can't remember who but thank you) shared it with me after I joined in 2013. It has definitely been helping people for a long time. :)

Reactions: arlo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)