Elevation for C Band Costa Rica

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You are a little East of me(Chicago). I can get 50west to 137west with a 24" Actuator. Probably 45west if I tried. You should be able to get the same.
What are you using to move the dish?
If you are using an Analog / 4DTV receiver, there may be limits set in the receiver that are keeping you from moving all the way to the east.
Can you post a Pic of your setup?

Hi Lak 7. Well, my problem is trying to align. You are in Chicago and the US satellites will cover the US, but here in Costa Rica most of them do not reach. I was going to use AMC3 at 87, my longitud is 84 so my true south satellite 82 or 83 have no coverage here.

I was trying to get other satellites but no luck. I was trying to get intelsat 805 at 55 degrees but nothing. Now I dont know what is wrong. My problems is that I am used to work with Pansat 3500 and a 10 feet mesh with a Chaparral Ku/C band. Now I sent down here a 10 feet with a Fortec Mercury II and a BSC621-2. I am not sure if I am not setting right the parameters.

I noticed the fortec has a Signal Meter and Signal Quality, they both move less than 1%, and the Quality sometimes goes all the way up and comes down right away. I think I am looking for the Signal to move.

Now, is there a way I can ensure the LNBF is good?

I also got another problem I wanted to check with you guys. It is the declination angle. I Costa Rica Latitud 10 North, I looks like I should set the declination at almost 12. When I tried to do that the declination screw is small and the most I can get it to is 20.....????? so I guess I need a longer declination screw. Will that affect my reception? Will that prevent me from getting signals from satellites like Intelsat 805????

Now, here is another question. Because I can not align to the true satellite (because of no coverage to CR), I am most interested in getting a channel that is coming from Intelsat 805 at 55degrees. In trying to do this, this is what I did: I used the motor and moved the satellite all the way to be at the top, just as I would set it up for alignmet with the true south satellite. then, with a declinator tool, I moved down the elevation to 55 degrees and turned the dish towards 107 degress (which is where Intelsatl 805 should be according to a satellite pointing program I downloaded). Would that be correct? I should at least be able to hit it right? (No tries infront, all clear). I could not get anything? Now I am not sure if I have a bad LNBF??? Where should the C band lnb (a little square box) should be facing? 11:00 am, 5:00 pm? In my other setup I have in the US which is a chaparrral, I have the C band at 11:00 am and the Ku at 5:00 pm, but with the BSC621-2 they are different, how do I rotate them????.

Well, after failing for 2 days, I decided to rest today and go for some tours here, I will try tomorrow, but I hate to give up....

Any help, please I would appreciate it? Any good transporters I can use to aim at Intelsat 805 down here?????

Thanks.

To start, the recevier should show Signal Strength, that shows the LNB has power. You could be holding it in your hand and it should show some Signal Strength. Can you remove all switches and just run a Cable(must be RG6) the Receiver to the C Band LNB?

This may help for installing the BSC621...
The DMS  BSC621
On mine, the C Band LNB points to 6 o'clock when the dish is facing True South

Measure your actuator arm, how long is it.

Even though you get no signal at your true south, reset your mount properly.
Satellite dish polar mount set up near the equator

How are you controlling the Actuator, VBox positioner?

Report if you can't get the receiver to show Signal Strength

Stay cool!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts