Elvis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
I am watching VH1 and they are talking about Elvis. Before anyone googles this please tell me where is Elvis from just right off the top of your head. I know by the way, but wonder why everyone misreports his home town.

Last edited:
Tupelo Mississippi. I think, where ever his twin brother is buried, or was, maybe he's been moved to Graceland too. By the way, Tupelo Mississippi is from another planet, so the movie was correct.

Al

charper1 said:
Tupelo, MS - 12 years in MEM, TN and I heard it all the time.

I wonder why everyone says he is from Memphis? I have read it in magazines and even seen it on TV "as I did just a moment ago". I even have a Memphis map from the satellite expo last year that states this. I know Graceland is there but it is not were he was born and raised.

Most say "from" as meaning where they reside, as opposed to birthplace - aka hometown.

They moved from East Tupelo to Memphis, Tennessee, when he was 13.

Elvis was given the middle name of Aron, with only one A, so he would always be a part of his brother Jesse Garon. (Neat!)

The Tate said:
I am watching VH1 and they are talking about Elvis. Before anyone googles this please tell me where is Elvis from just right off the top of your head. I know by the way, but wonder why everyone misreports his home town.

he is dirt napping, why?

Tupelo, MS

Home of one of the best wrestling moments ever!
Yep..the "Tupelo concession stand brawl"

Larry Latham (Moondog Spot) is perhaps best remembered for his role in one of the most famous hardcore matches in the history of the business, teaming with Wayne Ferris (the Honkey Tonk man) against Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee in Tupelo, Miss., on June 15, 1979. More popularly known as the "Tupelo concession-stand brawl," the action spilled out of the ring and into the concession-stand area where a variety of weapons (and condiments) were used, including gallon jars of mustard and a popcorn machine.

wow iceberg i remember that, that was GREAT. I really think that was real, if not give them a oscar!!! thanks for the memory, have not thought about that for years. wonder if a video of that is on the web???

dragon002 said:
he is dirt napping, why?

Even "dirt nappers" are from somewhere. That's just how they wound up. Besides anyone who saw "Harum Scarum" knows that Elvis was more interested in Middle Eastern diplomacy than the whole showbiz thing. He is probably working behind the scenes for our government as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)