Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got my December Dish Network Update.

The top story in this months email is...

"Don't miss this month's entertaining Charlie Chat"

Watch the Charlie Chat on DISH Network!
December 11, 2005 @ 9 PM ET
Channel 101
Watch the Charlie Chat – LIVE on DISH Network!
Tune in to the LIVE Holiday Charlie Chat hosted by DISH CEO Charlie Ergen and Co-founder Jim DeFranco. Don’t miss important customer updates as well as celebrity guests, customer giveaways and your chance to email or call in with questions and talk live with the CEO! Tune to Channel 101 on Monday December 11th at 9PM EST to see what happens.

Gave me a nice laugh anyways...

Then I saw this...

The Muzak Channel
Channels 949 & 947
Available for FREE in America's Top 120 package and higher!
Deck the Halls with a warm and merry blend of timeless holiday music favorites that are certain to get you in the holiday spirit. Tune to channel 947 or 949 to listen to Holiday music 24/7 throughout the season.

OK WHERE IS IT?

And no HDNet improvement in sight...

See what you’ve been missing - FREE!
In the Preview Showroom, you'll find great channels of continuous free viewing to enhance your entertainment experience. Watch exciting channels like FOX Movie Channel and Rush HD this month.

Tune into channel 280 or visit www.dishnetwork.com/preview for more information.

BTW looks like HSN on channel 84 is not a mistake.

The advertise it in this email as well.

HSN is now on DISH Network channel 84 and channel 222. HSN offers great values in electronics, cooking, health & fitness, home items, jewelry, fashion and more. Tune in or visit hsn.com anytime!

Then I saw this...

The Muzak Channel
Channels 949 & 947
Deck the Halls with a warm and merry blend of timeless holiday music favorites that are certain to get you in the holiday spirit. Tune to channel 947 or 949 to listen to Holiday music 24/7 throughout the season.

OK WHERE IS IT?

Good question, I called tech support about an hour ago, she didn't know either, said they were not in her list of channels, even said she had tried getting them at her home a couple of days ago! :D

The top story in this months email is...

"Don't miss this month's entertaining Charlie Chat"

Watch the Charlie Chat on DISH Network!
December 11, 2005 @ 9 PM ET
Channel 101
Watch the Charlie Chat – LIVE on DISH Network!
Tune in to the LIVE Holiday Charlie Chat hosted by DISH CEO Charlie Ergen and Co-founder Jim DeFranco. Don’t miss important customer updates as well as celebrity guests, customer giveaways and your chance to email or call in with questions and talk live with the CEO! Tune to Channel 101 on Monday December 11th at 9PM EST to see what happens.

Gave me a nice laugh anyways...

Then I saw this...

The Muzak Channel
Channels 949 & 947

OK WHERE IS IT?

And no HDNet improvement in sight...

See what you’ve been missing - FREE!
In the Preview Showroom, you'll find great channels of continuous free viewing to enhance your entertainment experience. Watch exciting channels like FOX Movie Channel and Rush HD this month.

Tune into channel 280 or visit www.dishnetwork.com/preview for more information.

Geez....put Denver and Chicago on a spotbeam and give us the Conus signal back - with HDNET at full rez and bitrate.

WTF - is that so hard - especially as those are not needed Conus now.

good idea. time to convert these fake mpeg2 channels to real mpeg4. lying dish

Oh, you'd better watch out
You'd better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why

Christmas Charlie's coming to town.

He's making a list
He's checking it twice
He knows if you've followed his advice
And begged your Senator for your nets

He sees you when you're viewing
He knows when your payments late
He knows when you've complained on SatGuys
So be good or he'll raise your rates.

He's got shiny new RSNs
And Cinemax HD
He's got your USB Storage
But the judge has his shorts in a knot

Oh, you'd better watch out
You'd better cry out
The NAB should all be thrown out

Christmas Charlie's coming to town.

thats not the holiday channels they are talking about in this mailing, there are two more but for some reason they have not uplinked them.

thats not the holiday channels they are talking about in this mailing, there are two more but for some reason they have not uplinked them.
Obviously the voices of satellite guys were heard once again..Instead of at120 up being able to hear christmas music..now ALL customers can hear christmas music..great Job Scott!!

Actually Scott, I believe they are already uplinked, they have just NOT turned them on for the residential subs.

You might want to check this out, but I believe these channels have ALWAYS been there & have been ONLY for commerical Muzak subs. (like the Environmental & FM One, etc channels) Lyngsat shows them on their charts, & in FTA mode to boot, just like all the other Muzaks.

Muzak lists them in their E* prog listings on their website:

http://www.muzak.com/downloads/Echostar_programs.pdf

Maybe someone here with an FTA receiver could verify this... ;)

From my scanning, they are not there.

Muzak updated that PDF a few weeks ago. It was about the same time I first heard of these 2 holiday channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts