Email from Echostar about HD RSNs

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I emailed E* this morning about availability of HD RSNs and got a response back pretty quickly. Here is my message followed by their reply.

bowens said:
Question: I have enjoyed watching programming from Dish Network for a couple years now. I really enjoy watching sports. I heard that Dish turned on 2 HD RSN channels a couple days ago and was wondering when the rest would be turned on. I live in Florida so my two RSNs would be FSN-FL and SunSports. I know the people in the FSMidwest and FSRocky Mountain areas are very happy with the addition on their RSNs in HD, and now the rest of us are eagerly awaiting the addition of ours. Now that baseball season is here, these channels have a lot of HD programming.

Thank you,

Dish Network Programming Dept said:
Thank you for your email. The regional sports are now available in High Definition and you can acquire these channels by subscribing to Multi Sports package which is $5.99 a month. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience and confusion caused by this issue.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Artis S.

DISH Network - eCare

Pine Brook

Have the others been turned on yet or does this guy not know what he is talking about? I didn't see anything new in the uplink report.

"by subscribing to Multi Sports package which is $5.99 a month"

This better be a joke. I'm not paying anymore than the $20.00 for the HD channels. They better be included with the HD package.

This better be a joke. I'm not paying anymore than the $20.00 for the HD channels. They better be included with the HD package.

I think that probably just meant to receive all the RSNs. I'm pretty sure we won't need to subscribe to the Multi Sport pack to get our local RSNs.

Scott just posted this:

366 - FOXSW - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam changed to Available
367 - FOXW - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam changed to Available
370 - FOXS - EchoStar5 129W TP 08 ConUS beam changed to Available
373 - FOXFL - EchoStar3 61.5W TP 30 ConUS beam changed to Available

I just saw that and was about to post it here. Sweet, there's one of mine. Now just SunSports.

Edit: Ah, Tampa Bay and Carolina are playing hockey tonight in HD. Too bad I'm not much of a hockey fan.

The multi-sports package is allows you to get all the regional sports channels (about 20) in addition to your own. Blackout rules still apply. This has always been available. I am assuming that if you are in the FSRM or FSMW market, you would get the HD versions as well. If you have the multi-sports package ($6), you are a subscriber to FSRM and FSMW as well, less all the blackouts. (Your "home" sports channel stays the same).

From what it appears by the email, you will get the HD channels as well. I noticed the HD channels last night for the first time, but the storms were so bad, I lost signal. I never went back to these channels to see if they work. (I have the multi-sport package) I will tonite after work.

Ditto that. But assuming none of the other providers have this requirement I cant imagine we would be the lone exception.

So then 366 - FOXSW is up and running?? Yeah I think you only pay extra if you want all of the RSN's. Everyone should get their local one but can someone verify that the FOXSW is up and running??

So then 366 - FOXSW is up and running?? Yeah I think you only pay extra if you want all of the RSN's. Everyone should get their local one but can someone verify that the FOXSW is up and running??
I hope so. There should be a Houston Rockets game on tonight. But it's against the Warriors, so it's probably won't be worth watching, even in HD.

I see FOX West HD channel 367 and PRIME HD channel 361, the Los Angeles area regional sports networks, are now available in my guide. The Angels game announcers are on FOX West leading up to the game right now.

Alright!

Add: Angels game is on ch. 367 now.

Last edited:
"But it's against the Warriors, so it's probably won't be worth watching, even in HD."

Hey man, what is that supposed to mean? :)

The Warriors are playing for their life right now, so they will play hard, very hard. They want to make it to the playoff for the first time in 12 yrs.

"But it's against the Warriors, so it's probably won't be worth watching, even in HD."

Hey man, what is that supposed to mean? :)

The Warriors are playing for their life right now, so they will play hard, very hard. They want to make it to the playoff for the first time in 12 yrs.
I'm spoiled. I go back to the Rick Barry Warriors, with Al Attles coaching. :)

So....

Can someone clear this up for me? If you have HD and have FSMW as your RSN, you should get the HD version as well? If you pay the 5.99, you will get all the RSN's and their HD versions? This doesn't sound right, wouldn't this negate the need for Center Ice? I live in Omaha and FSMW is our RSN, but the Cards were blacked out last night...why would that be? Is there any where to get a refresher on the rules on what would be available for subscribers to the RSN's?

Thanks...

Can someone clear this up for me? If you have HD and have FSMW as your RSN, you should get the HD version as well? If you pay the 5.99, you will get all the RSN's and their HD versions? This doesn't sound right, wouldn't this negate the need for Center Ice? I live in Omaha and FSMW is our RSN, but the Cards were blacked out last night...why would that be? Is there any where to get a refresher on the rules on what would be available for subscribers to the RSN's?

Thanks...
First, :welcome_s
Second: See here.

edit:
For MLB, here's a link to their blackout information page. See here. If you enter your zip code in the top box, it'll tell you what teams claim your zip code as their home territory.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts