Embarassing. Dish ESPN drops game!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The moral to the story here is that if you are watching a game and it is going long, Remember the alternate channels for ESPN! If anyone dropped the ball it was ESPN producers who should have put a crawl up about the game running long or had the announcers tell the viewers what they should do. they all knew that when the 2:30 game came on it was going to happen. the fail goes to ESPN.

"Remember the ....Alternates!!"(not the Alamo :D:D)

I have used the alternates several times already this college football season due to regional abc games as Iceberg pointed out. I have no problem with that except that the alternates should be in HD. They should make them part time and turn them on for the few hours they are needed every Saturday just like they do with the RSNs. After being spoiled by HD for the last several years it's hard to watch football in SD.

What really sucks, and this wasn't the case for me this time, is for someone recording the game to watch later.

Actually, they should have the power to control when the blackout period begins. What if someone had been DVRing the game? He would have been SOL.

Another thing about the alternates. It was great on the last day of the baseball season to be able to watch all 4 games that mattered at the same time between ESPN, ESPN2, and the alternates for both channels. That wouldn't have been an option if I still had my old cable provider. They don't have ESPN alternates.

I dont get how a college game last longer than a NFL game
Lets see....ESPN game started at 11:00 and the ABC/ESPN games are at 2:30

you cant finish a game in 3 hours 30 minutes?
Oh wait its the SEC...thats why. They are the NY/Boston of college football.

I have watched several games on the HD ALT channels this football season, when there is an SD RSN game often there has been an HD of the same game in the HD ALT channels 441-479.

I always wondered how blackouts work on E*, as in who flips the switch on the blacked out channel. Last night's Detroit-Pittsburgh preseason NHL game was blacked out on NHL network and on FSN-Detroit, presumably because I am in the Pittsburgh local region...even though the game wasn't being carried by any of the Pittsburgh local channels or RootSports-Pitt. However, the game replay at midnight on FSN-Detroit was not blacked out, even though I have seen other FSN stations black out even their game replays, not just the live game. Are the blackouts triggered by program title, and that is why some game replays are blacked out and some aren't? Or is it up to the RSN to decide whether or not game replays get the blackout treatment? I've noticed that this blacking out of game replays is a recent (1-2 years) phenomenon.
No thoughts, guesses or opinions from anyone on this?

I can't believe it's 2011 and games are still being blacked out. Surprised companies don't complain that their ads are not being seen by everyone as many times games go to commercials.

OK here is this weeks blackout/alt/ABC lists

111008_330.1.jpg

111008_330.2.jpg

111008_330.3.jpg

so for the OP he will be blacked out again on ESPN at 2:30...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts