Emergence

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
I couldn't find a previous thread so here is this one.

I started watching and I immediately got hooked on it.

First 2 episodes were great IMO, but this last one the third was even better (just my humble opinion again)

I was totally blown away, still not posting here details of last episode just in case you recently started watching this show, and haven't had a chance to watch the third episode.

Reactions: Jimbo and Zookster
I keep my expectations in check for high-concept shows of this nature on network TV, but so far I'm enjoying this as well. Things are moving a bit more quickly than I expected, which is a good thing. I thought they would drag it out until at least mid-season telling us some of the basics regarding who and what Piper is and where she came from. I'm sure there's a lot more to be revealed of course. But it's enough to be satisfying. The only real head-scratching/eye-rolling moment was in episode 2 when Jo's fellow police officer, Chris, who was supposed to be guarding her house, let the fixer/cleaner guy inside. In another discussion forum, it had one viewer convinced that Chris couldn't have been that stupid and that the fixer/cleaner must've had some kind of insta-brainwashing technology to force Chris to let him in. lol

Reactions: Jimbo and Frank Jr.
I keep my expectations in check for high-concept shows of this nature on network TV, but so far I'm enjoying this as well. Things are moving a bit more quickly than I expected, which is a good thing. I thought they would drag it out until at least mid-season telling us some of the basics regarding who and what Piper is and where she came from. I'm sure there's a lot more to be revealed of course. But it's enough to be satisfying. The only real head-scratching/eye-rolling moment was in episode 2 when Jo's fellow police officer, Chris, who was supposed to be guarding her house, let the fixer/cleaner guy inside. In another discussion forum, it had one viewer convinced that Chris couldn't have been that stupid and that the fixer/cleaner must've had some kind of insta-brainwashing technology to force Chris to let him in. lol

Agree with you on that Chris situation,

However we were not shown exactly what happenede after the intruder spoke to him,

I later wondered..... did he just knock him out?

Did the stranger used some chloroform in a rag to knock Chris out?

Or did the intruder just knock Chris out Katarina Rostova style, i.e. with a syringe and needle? ;) You'll know what I mean if you're also currently watching The Blacklist.

The writers didn't give us the details.

I'd like to think Chris was not just as naive to tell him, go right ahead. so I vote to say there was foul play involved
and that Chris meant he was sorry for whatever disabled him from stopping the intruder.

Having said that, I'm still fascinated with the plot, and looking forward to next episode......

I've added this to my "must watch" list. I'm enjoying the writing and the wondering about Piper's origins.

When I started watching this show, I thought, What could be different about this one?

Anyway, started watching and enjoying.

By random chance about week ago, I came across a not so recent article pointing to some connection between the show
Stranger Things and alleged reports of children being used and tested in secret experiments in Montauk.

As I read that recently, I thought, well, yeah, this show Emergence could also be based on that.

Except that, at the end of last episode, when I was blown away, with Piper, I had to discard that idea.

Piper does not fit in that type of child, or is she a child?......:confused:

When I started watching this show, I thought, What could be different about this one?

Anyway, started watching and enjoying.

By random chance about week ago, I came across a not so recent article pointing to some connection between the show
Stranger Things and alleged reports of children being used and tested in secret experiments in Montauk.

As I read that recently, I thought, well, yeah, this show Emergence could also be based on that.

Except that, at the end of last episode, when I was blown away, with Piper, I had to discard that idea.

Piper does not fit in that type of child, or is she a child?......:confused:
Data 2.0 ?

Piper is definitely at least part organic, enough to fool doctors in ICU anyway (she's had numerous tests and scans to figure out what's wrong with her). And that woman who was helping Jo said that Piper would experience organ failiure within a couple of hours if Jo didn't give her that treatment they stole.

Reactions: DJdish
Piper is definitely at least part organic, enough to fool doctors in ICU anyway (she's had numerous tests and scans to figure out what's wrong with her). And that woman who was helping Jo said that Piper would experience organ failiure within a couple of hours if Jo didn't give her that treatment they stole.

Yes, good points, looks like Piper is some fancy piece of bio-technology, I'd like to know more about what lies behind that company and the related project.

Looking forward to next episode..

Sorry but I'm not going to watch any TV show that has an ongoing story line since way too many that I've watched in the past were cancelled without a resolution. I'll just wait for it to finish and if it ends wrapping things up I'll watch it on a streaming service.

Reactions: Foxbat
We are watching as well, but I'm not quite as enthusiastic as you guys seem to be. It is decent but not great. I'm actually worried they are going too fast with the story. Part of what makes shows like this good are the long drawn out mysteries.

rad - as far as not watching TV shows with ongoing story lines. What do you watch then? Gameshows? Don't essentially all shows have a long main story line? Otherwise you wouldn't have any character development.

rad - as far as not watching TV shows with ongoing story lines. What do you watch then? Gameshows? Don't essentially all shows have a long main story line? Otherwise you wouldn't have any character development.
As I said, I just now wait until a show has completed and then if looking on the net folks saying it had a good ending then I'll watch it on a streaming service.

Though I kind of like it, it's ratings have been tepid from the start. I don't expect it to last a full season.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Regarding the low ratings, I don't think the 10pm time slot is good for a show like this. I know a lot of people have DVRs nowadays, but it's rated TV-PG and centers on a young girl with mysterious abilities. It should be an 8pm show to attract a younger demographic and family viewing. Since it's an ABC/Disney show, there are other places for it if it doesn't make the cut on the big network (Freeform, Disney (linear), Disney+, Hulu, etc.).

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Trailer for tonight's episode, which answers some of my questions, but then it also poses many more......

It stands a chance as it’s SciFi and not on Fox…

Can't blame anyone for not watching a show, in case it's cancelled, without a proper ending.

I remember that happening to me with The Event (NBC), the show was just cancelled, final few seconds, were like What daaaaa......

Last seconds ever, cancelled, No closure,

Show was never picked up by any other network or streaming service, not even a cheap movie, to offer some comfort for us, with just ANY
kind of closure.

Nothing.

I agree to say that it seems things are moving too fast, but even so. this show, keeps me amazed.

IMO tonight's episode was great.

I don't mind the story moving forward quickly as long as there aren't too many short cuts that create unrealistic scenarios, like Jo "popping over" to the big city to meet with Kindred, and then able to get back before the social worker leaves. How long was the social worker there? Four hours? I assume there's traffic and stuff getting in and out of NYC from smaller Long Island coastal towns.

Reactions: DJdish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)