Emergency Retailer Chat Recap - Aug 28th

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Stargazer said:
The DVR part is worth LOTS LOTS LOTS more than the DNS part. The DVR holds a LOT better future than the DNS does. When all local markets will be available eventually DNS will probably be outlawed. Maybe this is one reason why all of them have not been offered yet.

I've been watching the forums and finally signed up to respond. One thing to consider is that DNS will never be outlawed thanks to a small, but valuable customer base - the Commercial Truck and RV user. There are probably 10's to 100's of thousand subs who fall into this category and both E* AND D* offer waivers for these subs to get DNS.

It would be impractical and difficult for the Truck and RV owner to have to call E* or D* every few days as they travel this country to switch their Local service to the new DMA they just happen to be in, let alone the different Dish types required in each DMA just to get service. Let alone the additional load that would be placed on E* and D*'s customer service....

Right now, most RV and truck owners with dish have a DISH 300 or DISH 500 dish and having anything more complex (like 500+, 1000, 1000+) would be prohibitively difficult to align or use on a daily basis let alone trying to clear obstructions like Trees, etc.

IMHO, since both D* and E* offer these waivers to a client base that would NEVER switch to land based (Cable) services due to their mobility requirements, DNS will never go away....

Last edited:
If someone was lucky enough to have locals on a SuperDish or Dish1000 then you can pickup those locals in most places in the U.S. as long as you can see that satellite from your location since they are conus (105/129).

I wish I was that lucky.... Our Locals were on 119 (spotbeam) Raleigh/Durham and we were able to get them from VA to Northern FL and west to Northern AL when we travelled but they have since moved the channels to 110 and we can't even get them in Myrtle Beach SC or the Mountains of NC the spot beam is so narrow.

And to make things worse, they are putting the HD Locals on 118.7 Sat which means DISH 500+ at home and no chance on the road. I currently have DISH500 and DISH 300 (119/110,61.5) and get the CBSHD from NY. On the road, I am stuck with 119 so right now, it's SD DNS from NY.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)