End of an Era?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since it only comes out once a day it wouldn't surprise me to see it come out tomorrow or Monday.

I know Evie and she means well, in fact I will be doing some writing for them at CES next week.
Well, I didn't find anything today so hopefully maybe tomorrow, it was New Years last night, but I just hope they give it the same spot and not stick it where it's hard to find. Working for a newspaper for ten years it seems that with corrections they usually hide it in the back pages somewhere and not in the first section so might never see it.

Any alternative to little dish/cable if you want good lineup and HD?

I've had a BUD for almost 30 years. The dish got damaged a few years ago, but I just replaced the 2 bad panels and was getting ready to fire it up using my 4dtv and hdd200. It has been a few years, but I was looking forward to getting back to cheap ala carte packages, since I only watch about 15 channels, but to get them all in any other way (little dish or cable) will cost close to $100/month. Ala carte, it is a fraction of that. But, it looks like the ala carte and cheap programming is gone for the BUD. Is this correct? I see that I can get a 410 and get a pretty good package that covers most of my needs for a low price, or that maybe I can convert my 4dtv to receive some channels on w5, but the choices there seem to be less than just buying a 410 and going with a 410 package. I am especially interested in travel channel and discovery channels, among others. But, I also want HD, and would like to get one of the movie channels in HD. My current understanding is that my only choice, now, for BUD programming is to buy a 410 and sign up for one of the Skyvision 410 packages, or converting my 4dtv to an even more limited package. Is that true? Also, is it true that I can no longer get HD programming on a BUD? I actually like the idea of just using one satellite (W5), since trees have grown over the years, and some of the lower satellites, which had some of the best 4dtv are difficult, if not impossible, to now see. But, I would not want to loose the ability to use the 4dtv on multiple satellites for such things as the NASA channel (which I believe is still in HD), and other signals that are in the clear, although generally uninteresting. I'm hoping I have options other than $100/month dish network or direct tv or cable.

DSR-410 is a good option, not HD, but a good option for programming and cost, which seem to be strong on your priority list. 410's are readily available secondary market, and even now and then on the classified section here! Surprsingly, SD rendering of pictures on a good HD set look darn nice from the DSR-410, at least in my opinion. High Speed 'net can bring you Nasa easily via a ROKU box or perhaps other means.....not sure what your situation is, relative to your ISP. Many of us have hopes to see the W-5 system grow a bit in the upcoming months/years. Good luck! And, welcome to this site! You'll find it very polite, informative, and helpful.

they are working on it. :)

Well the correction didn't make what I would call the front page as the reply is stuck up in the other articles section and it doesn't jump out like the other article, NO BUD pictured, so basically it made it to the back pages under a different misleading heading. Also for me the link they have for Skyvision doesn't work so maybe someone can test it.

Nice try...but no cigars!

Last edited:
Well the correction didn't make what I would call the front page as the reply is stuck up in the other articles section and it doesn't jump out like the other article, NO BUD pictured, so basically it made it to the back pages under a different misleading heading. Also for me the link they have for Skyvision doesn't work so maybe someone can test it.

Nice try...but no cigars!

Do you have a link for the correction? I can't find it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)