End Of Directv H10

Johnnybeach

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 30, 2017
Long Beach CA
The Directv H10 receiver will no longer find satellite signals. Nothing (n/a) on any transponders. It's done. I used it for finding programs and for auto tuning. My Spectrum TV has all the off-air stations except about three but my TVs pick up the stations anyway. I usually look up programs on TitanTV. Now that I have my favorite Spectrum channels and programs memorized I won't need the DirecTV box after all. Good bye to the wonderful Forum.

Johnnybeach

The Directv H10 receiver will no longer find satellite signals. Nothing (n/a) on any transponders. It's done. I used it for finding programs and for auto tuning. My Spectrum TV has all the off-air stations except about three but my TVs pick up the stations anyway. I usually look up programs on TitanTV. Now that I have my favorite Spectrum channels and programs memorized I won't need the DirecTV box after all. Good bye to the wonderful Forum.

Johnnybeach
Its about time .... it's only about 10 generations old.

I knew it was old stuff when I picked it up at a swap meet but I thought it was really neat to put up a dish on my house and get the OTA. I've outgrown it now.

Johnnybeach

If I recall correctly, that was the 1st HD recvr ... the H10 and the HR10.

It was only sort of an HD receiver. It handled their stopgap solution of MPEG2 HD until MPEG4 was ready, but since it didn't support MPEG4 once the MPEG2 HD channels went away it was SD only except for OTA.

Reactions: Jimbo
I'll probably drop them off at Best Buy or some other electronic recycle. I can take them in with my dead batteries, old oil, fluorescent lights etc.

Johnnybeach

Reactions: NashGuy
Here is what I'm talking about for recycling. "Too Toxic To Trash". Every month or so they have these events at various locations around the county. This time, along with my precious Directv receivers and remotes, I'm dropping off a computer PSU, flashlight batteries, toaster, paint, rust remover, door bell transformer, and electronic spray.

Attachments

• Too Toxic To Trash.pdf
    874.9 KB · Views: 206
Here is what I'm talking about for recycling. "Too Toxic To Trash". Every month or so they have these events at various locations around the county. This time, along with my precious Directv receivers and remotes, I'm dropping off a computer PSU, flashlight batteries, toaster, paint, rust remover, door bell transformer, and electronic spray.
Up here theres often a Cost involved ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)