English Premier League - No More Pay-Per-View?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

twd3lr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Benton, AR
I receive weekly soccer TV schedule updates for different leagues and competitions around the world from soccerTV.com. In the last few emails I have received from them there has been a statement in regard to the EPL:

"No more pay-per-view in the US! More details coming soon!"

Anyone have any information about this? Does this mean that these games will now all be carried on a non-PPV basis (please! please!) or does it mean we won't get them at all (noooooooooooo!) ?

Thanks!

twd3lr said:
I receive weekly soccer TV schedule updates for different leagues and competitions around the world from soccerTV.com. In the last few emails I have received from them there has been a statement in regard to the EPL:

"No more pay-per-view in the US! More details coming soon!"

Anyone have any information about this? Does this mean that these games will now all be carried on a non-PPV basis (please! please!) or does it mean we won't get them at all (noooooooooooo!) ?

Thanks!

Let's just hope we will get them as regular programming. Perhaps David Beckham is footing the bill. Pun intended.

As I noted in an earlier thread, I have received confirmation from a well placed source that those PPV matches will now be airing on Setanta Sports Channel. Matches from the Dutch Eredivisie and French Ligue 1 are also being added to Setanta's lineup.

Not at this time. I had heard an interview with the President of Setanta North America say that they were negotiating and that it could be anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months, but he was hoping for sooner rather than later.

If you want to voice your opinion, request the channel at ceo@echostar.com

Thanks! I just sent an email to Dish as you suggested. I can't believe they wouldn't consider offering Setanta if the price is right. The lost revenue from the EPL PPV has to be a determining factor.

Unless you've got numbers to back you up, don't assume there's a huge EPL following in the states. The lack of football-love in the states is the reason a channel like setanta doesn't get put up immediately. With FSC and GOL TV and other niche sports channels, I'd say we'll get it eventually but E* will make you sweat a bit before giving it to you.

twd3lr said:
Thanks! I just sent an email to Dish as you suggested. I can't believe they wouldn't consider offering Setanta if the price is right. The lost revenue from the EPL PPV has to be a determining factor.

The EPL PPV package was the biggest subs in the US then any other sports package even NFL:ST according to an EPL tv interview I saw on FSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts