Enhanced Hardware in the original Joey?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, who knows what I'll be thinking by late March :) .

LOL. Whenever Scott gets us the new Super Joey wiring diagrams maybe you can figure out how to add it to the mix. I would like to keep all my Hoppers and swap the Joey out for a Super Joey if there is any advantage.

LOL. Whenever Scott gets us the new Super Joey wiring diagrams maybe you can figure out how to add it to the mix. I would like to keep all my Hoppers and swap the Joey out for a Super Joey if there is any advantage.

Well, my guess is you'll need another feed from a DPP44 (not sure if SJ will like being behind a power inserter.) If it can't be behind the power inserter then you'll need another DPP44. A diplexor will be needed to hook the SJ to a client port on the node.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I'm still deciding whether I want the SJ or just a plain J when I upgrade. Leaning toward a plain J.

Upgrade from what lol? With 4H/1J do you need more tuners?

I'm thinking of swapping a J for an SJ perhaps. I've got 2 HWS/2J with 2 44s, a 33, and 2 duo nodes, so rewiring wouldn't be an issue. Plenty of open space. Don't really need more of anything but I like to tinker with things.

I'm thinking of swapping a J for an SJ perhaps. I've got 2 HWS/2J with 2 44s, a 33, and 2 duo nodes, so rewiring wouldn't be an issue. Plenty of open space. Don't really need more of anything but I like to tinker with things.

I like to tinker too. Got a spare DPP44, diplexers, and splitters. So I am ready to experiment and test things out. But, I would like for all Hoppers and Joey to be able to see each other somehow. More tuners the better.

Why do you have 2 44s, a 33 and 2 duo nodes for your setup?

Full hopper integration is something I've given up on I guess. It would be nice, but for now switching the MBR joey between hoppers works fine. Hopefully in the future they'll perhaps work it out. It's not a deal breaker either way. I've honestly got zero complaints with my system, but even if I did, the fella that installed and services it lives in the house.......

Why do you have 2 44s, a 33 and 2 duo nodes for your setup?

lol it's a bit complicated. My neighbor has dish but really didn't want the dish on the house. They are price shoppers and I don't expect them to have it after the 2 years is up. So I installed the 44 and had them running off port 1 for their 722. Ran burial back out of the basement across the lot line. Then I read that bridged nodes were "unreliable" but wanted to see for myself, so I put in another switch, and have 2 duo nodes each with 1 hopper with the power inserters in my basement. Neighbor has the 722 off a 33 now just so I know if the PI ever goes out more or less. On top of that my joeys are running off ethernet without coax, and I have 2 HIC's in the system as well.

All in all it's a bit ridiculous and definitely overkill, but I've had zero problems with it at all, and the install is neat and clean. I wouldn't have it any other way.

lol it's a bit complicated. My neighbor has dish but really didn't want the dish on the house. They are price shoppers and I don't expect them to have it after the 2 years is up. So I installed the 44 and had them running off port 1 for their 722. Ran burial back out of the basement across the lot line. Then I read that bridged nodes were "unreliable" but wanted to see for myself, so I put in another switch, and have 2 duo nodes each with 1 hopper with the power inserters in my basement. Neighbor has the 722 off a 33 now just so I know if the PI ever goes out more or less. On top of that my joeys are running off ethernet without coax, and I have 2 HIC's in the system as well.

All in all it's a bit ridiculous and definitely overkill, but I've had zero problems with it at all, and the install is neat and clean. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Liked just for the craziness of it all. :)

LOL. I figured out why my Joey felt so "sluggish." I was using an older 20.0 remote and the batteries were nearly dead. D'oh! It's a hell of a lot more responsive now. That being said, I'm still looking forward to the newer Joey hardware. I will still be swapping out. So far I just can't see where I need a SJ when I already have four Hoppers and a 722k.

Yes it is. It's currently running the TV in the sunroom, but I can take it with me where I like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts