Enhanced (SV) Locals in HD?

fs2685

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
With Dish starting to offer locals in HD in MPEG4, does anyone know how this will impact the Enhanced (or Significantly Viewed) Locals rollout? Is there any chance the enhanced locals may be offered in HD?
The same question applies to the Distant locals. Since NYC, LA, Atlanta, Chicago and Denver are available (with waivers) as distant local feeds, is there a possibility that once they are available in locally in HD, the distant feeds may be HD too?
Or is all this wishful thinking?

SHVERA prohibits down-rezzing HD LIL signals to lower quality than a non-LIL station of the same network. I'm not 100% sure how that will work, but I predict you won't see HD SVs in any market until HD LIL is available.

HD distants should be available in HD to anyone outside Grade B contours, or with waivers, until HD (not SD) LIL is available in the market. (SHVERA's "no distants with LIL" rule is applied separately for SD and HD.) I understand D* is already offering HD distants this way; I used their address checker with the address of a relative who lives just outside the Grade B contour of all but one Little Rock station (but still in the DMA), and it said HD distants were OK for all but that one network.