Enter to win: Sadoun Heavy Duty DG380 HH Motor ($120 value)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sadoun, thanks for the contest. Everything I have learned about FTA has come from the SatelliteGuys forum and the sponsor's websites. I appreciate all the help I have received during the last few years.

I have a SG 2100 motor on a winegard 31" dish & Invacom QPH 031 lnb. I want to get a 1.2m so that motor would be perfect for a mini bud setup. I learned a lot from sateliteguys.us forums. Like how to enter tp info for channals that don't blind scan in etc. There is a ton of good info that is on this site. Thanks everyone.

I just purchased a 1.2 m dish and am looking for a good receiver and motor. It would be nice to win one. Just learned on this forum, how to aim a satellite dish - outstanding infosource. Always simple, informal, prompt, precise info, whenever you need it. A lot of fans are eagy to give a sound advice and share there knowledge.

My first and only motorized setup is drivin by the DG380 , now i find myself with a simple prob now that i have four recievers running off one dish . My wife loves RTN and i like to watch 123 west , a second motor would be a great start to solving this , Thank you Sadoun for the contest .

What is so excellent about this FTA hobby is having the opportunity to see and hear from people in countries around the world. Even if I can't understand all of the languages, seeing media not necessarily intended for US consumption is really cool. Sometimes channel surfing on 97W blows my mind...

Also, I really like seeing Mexican media free from the Telemundo/Univision style - made for US audience influences.

If only Canadian, UK and other english language content could be available.... That would be cool.

I got into FTA as a hobby to try and get some tv out here in our shack in the woods, had a BUD for 15 years, but with analog on it's last legs, and our OTA antenna destroyed in an ice storm it was time to try something else.

Without this website, the people that generously contibute their knowledge and experience and some of the Gold Sponsors, I would have gotten nowhere...fast.

Also, as I am sure that (the dedicated, hard-working, intelligent, and attractive) Mr. Sadoun is probably too busy to do the random ;) drawing for this great prize, I would like to take this opportunity to thank his dedicated, hard-working, intelligent, and attractive staff members who are actually doing the random ;) drawing.

:D

I'd like to win!

I've been messing around with satellite tv, since 1984 or thereabouts, when I got my first 6 ft dish. I've had multiple c-band dishes over the years, many Primestar dishes, and others. I've had a lot of fun over the years, and spent a lot of money!

I would LOVE to win this motor! I work at a state university and I tell everyone that I come in contact with about FTA. They LOVE being able to watch programs from the native lands!

Virginia is for Motorized Dishes

I currently have 3 fixed dishes and would love to go Motorized.

I see this as the next logical step for FTA - - although LinuxMan's entire arc on fixed dishes was way cool !

I already have a place to put this one - - - and a dish.

Thanks for doing the contest !!! :up

Well, shoot....

Just what I need to win, so I can install a LARGER motorized dish!

When friends come over to visit, I show them my FTA setup and compare my costs to their subscription service, that has them over a barrel.

I tell these same friends that one way to save money and get out of debt, is to go FTA.

Why give a % of your paycheck to a SAT service when you can get THIS, RTN, PBS, and wild feeds of reporters picking their noses for FREE?

They still don't get it. Their eyes are open, but they do not see...

Thanks Sadoun for hosting this random drawing.

Was just discussing Monday with my wife's uncle about how much I spent on TV versus his pizza setup.
Now he has the bug...
(Plus, I have yet to win anything... !)
Thanks Sadoun

I discovered FTA this past winter, while deciding what to do with my BUD. - I was actually looking to use it for Starband since the rain fade was so bad on cluster 51 (have since switched to cluster 80 and it works great except for the occasional DNS errors).

I stumbled upon SatelliteGuys.us, which to me seemed like on of the best satellite forums out there. I was looking to do research and ask questions about using a BUD for Starband. During this time I started seeing FTA and Free To Air, and wondered what all this was about. Was it 4DTV, was it analog channels people broadcasted out of their homes? I had not idea. As it turns out, there are hundreds of digital FTA channels out there, from all over the world. More than the unique programming, FTA is just a fun hobby.

I am glad I found SatelliteGuys.us and as I mentioned, it is by far the best FTA site out there. - There are many other sites and forums, but the all get garbled with hack talk. This totally ruins FTA and it is great that SatelliteGuys.us has strong morals and good people behind it.

I couldn't count the number of times that I have come to this site for a bit of information, no matter how small, to either add to my knowledge base or to consider a different view point on a variety of topics, not just satellite related, and most of the time I do not leave without an answer. With the unique group of individuals here that are willing to share their time and experiences it is usually an interesting read to say the least. That is why my first stop on the internet is always here.

Want to thank Sadoun for the contest. I got a 24'' C band actuator from them. The service was great
and the actuator is still going. I got a few dishes. I'm sure I could find one to match this motor.

Thanks Guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)