Enter to win: Solar Panel from Sadoun

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been green using solar panels for almost 2 decades now.
My living room, office and bedroom are illuminated by LED lighting from batteries that collect the energy from my panels.
My old panels are getting tired and sure could use some help.
Go Green All !!

Green

I have been constantly doing thing to reduce my power use and have managed to reduce my electric use by about 25% in the past year by means of efficient lighting and more efficient items in the house.

Winning would make life easier on my hamster. He gets real tired sometimes but we all have to pull our weight around here.

Just got some new PAR38 led flood lights uses 5 watts per bulb replaced the 150 watt and the work great. Go green and save the green.

I monitor my electric and water bill every month. By replaceing all bulbs with CFLs, setting the thermo a little lower in the winter and higher in the summer, and ridding the kids ass about showers, we have cut down to the bare minimum, or so I thought, this would help

One can always utilize solar panels!
Now if only they lower the price of LED lighting... I don't like the CFL bulbs they are not that efficient, don't last very long, and take a lot of energy to manufacture... Up north here we like the old incandescent bulbs since they give off the extra heat, but for outdoor lighting can't beat LEDs for efficiency!
-C.

I go 'GREEN' by powering off any electrical devices that aren't being used (except for clocks, I can't afford to be late for work!). We also recycle our plastic!!

oh yeah, don't forget about the FTA receiver, when the TV is not on, neither is the receiver.

I've replaced many of the "most-used" lamps in my home with florescent bulbs (before it was strongly suggested) and have been trying to devise a battery system with the new white LED's to produce sufficient light at night to use for TV watching and being able to navigate through the house. It is getting to where the LED's are bright enough for reading and other times when brighter lights are needed. These things require very little power and can work on 5 to 10 volts and a few milliamps. The power usage would be much less than conventional lamps and the panels would make great chargers for the required batteries.

Thanks again for a great give-away, SADOUN :hatsoff::clap:clap

Bill

Dump all the garbage in a pit and extract the gases from it to generate power.

We recycle anything that is recycable (paper, plastic, etc. to the local bins, aluminum to the salvage yard for cash).
Also, we have replaced just about all our light bulbs with the cfl lights.
The little rainwater we get is gathered and used in the lawn.
Added indoor plants for fresher air and better overall interior environment.
We stay upstairs as much as possible since heat goes up in the winter and in the summer open the upstairs windows for the breezes plus the heat in the first floor travels up, cools and is blown out the windows for less energy use in the summer and winter.
Plus most of these changes have kept my wallet greener.

I'd like one, please. I recycle as much as possible and participate in electronics recycling in my town.

GO GREEN...............and not just Green Bay.........have replaced most of our bulbs with the high-effecient models............took some getting use to, but now no problem

I went especially green 4 years ago when I bought a used Honda Insight 2-seat hybrid with which I've averaged 75mpg, no joke. Fun commuter car.
___
Neil

I'm in. Would love to see how Solar does in the great white north. (We're all about wind around here!)

I design solar heating hot air panels for homes and business, campers, trailers, boats and what ever needs to heated as long as the sun is shinning on them.

Hi all, I go green by riding my mountain bike to work on almost all work days. Hard core here, ride in cold, light rain and 95F degrees + summer days. About the only time I drive is when it is poring rain or I need to take something too big to carry on the bike. Later, DC

CFL's in every lamp in the house. We don't have recycling, but do take all the cans and bottle to the local recycling center.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)