Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
Enter to win One
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IK-2: [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PROFESSIONAL CABLE & SATELLITE INSTALLATION TOOLS KIT[/FONT][/FONT]

($55 value) from Sadoun

70014-compression.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kit includes:[/FONT]

So how do you enter to win? Easy! All you have to do to enter in the random drawing is to:
Reply to THIS message and write why a compression type F connector is your preferred connector. Or you can write whatever you want as long as it is related to FTA, such as when did you discover FTA, How does Satelliteguys website help you with your hobby, etc.

At the end of March 31, 2009, we will select a member randomly. This member will be notified by PM. This is open to members worldwide.

Rules:
  • Must be at least 21 years of age to enter
  • One entry per family/residence for each item
  • Multiple submissions automatically disqualified
  • Officers and employees, including their relatives, of Sadoun Satellite Sales are not eligible for entry.
  • Deadline: End of the month - by mid-night.
  • Entrants agree by act of registration to permit their name to be posted on this site if they are chosen as the winner.
  • Winning entry selected at random. Odds of winning varies depending upon number of entries. This is a free drawing. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
  • Winner notified via email. Winner must reply within 48 hours. Make sure your email is correct. If a selected winner is ineligible, fails to claim a prize no alternate winner will be selected.
  • Incomplete entries or entries with errors will not be processed. Entries submitted after deadline will be disqualified.

As always with Sadoun Satellite Sales, your information will not be shared with any third parties. By entering this contest, you agree to be added to our e-mail list. Sadoun reserves the right to cancel this offer anytime without any prior notice.

Best regards and good luck.

Attachments

• HY-332.jpg
    HY-332.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 260
  • HY-330%20CABLE%20CUTTER.jpg
    HY-330%20CABLE%20CUTTER.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 199
  • PPC-EX1.jpg
    PPC-EX1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 237
I think a compression fitting makes for a nice professional connection. Available weatherproof terminals perfect for outdoor applications.

Thanks for the contest, Mr. Sadoun.

Would be great to make more connnections outside instead of branching all the cables in the basement!

"why a compression type F connector is your preferred connector"
Well - I currently don't have one because I haven't made the investment. I would LOVE to have one however...

"Odds of winning varies depending upon number of entries."

Ummm... so is there no limit? One per day or something like that?
If not, I can foresee this becoming a very loooong thread... maybe even record levels!

FTA FOREVER!

Compression type connectors do a much better job sealing out the salt air in the environment that I do work in.

Thanks for sponsoring another fine give away.

Any contest is worth a shot to me.

I used to take care of a lot of satellite and related equipment. The most common problem I ran into was bad F connectors. There were always different makes and they all used different crimp tools. The outdoor ones always needed to have coax seal all over them and taped up good and I still had to replace them fairly often. Not to mention the PITA if I needed to take the cable off to check/replace an LNB, etc.

Then I discovered compression connectors. They went on fast and easy and were weatherproof. At first, I thought they were a little pricey. But, after using them a while, the extra price was well worth it. What was especially good for me was that they have various sizes for different coax, even RG-11, which I used a lot of. They also came in a BNC connector as well as an F connector.

I have only had one compression connector fail, but that was a sordid story involving construction and a truck. Not really the connector's fault.

I have never used anything but compression connectors since.

BTW, thanks so much for supporting the forums. That goes a long way with me when deciding on a vendor to use.

Besides weatherproofing the coax end of the connector they won't pull off the coax like a hex compression will occasionally do. The cable would probably break before the connector lets go.

Compression type F connectors are all I will use if i win this drawing........Thanks for the chance Sadoun!!!:):)

Compression type connectors are the way to go. Screw on type have a tendency to corrode and lose contact after a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)