EPG info for OTA digital sub-channels is working!

I've read other places on the board that you only get program guide data for OTA locals that your account is subscribed to. However, I live in between Tampa and Ft. Myers and when I added OTA stations from both markets to the 622, the guide data showed up for both, even though I only get Tampa locals. Is this new?

it will show guide data for an OTA station if both of the following are true.

- you subscribe to any locals package (so they get their five bucks)
- the PSIP station identifier matches something Dish is uplinking, either part of any locals package, or a "special" channel that carries guide data only

Last edited:
How about a special guide channel for PBS-HD, good for the whole country? Better yet, pay PBS to allow up-link of the the PBS-HD content as most places just pass it on.

Locally in Albuquerque, in addition to PBS 5/35.x, we have 9.1 2 3 showing PBS-U and others that sure would be nice to have an on-TV guide. I watch NBR there and might watch Charlie Rose and others that are too much for the evening burden of one channel. Some of those channels could also be up-linked as a slate or however they get just the guide info and again, better to get an agreement with (pay) PBS for the channels where we might get more than 1/3 of the bandwidth.

-Ken

Last edited:
Anyone seeing EPG on OTA with Antenna?

A couple folks on another forum are posting that they're seeing EPG data on their OTA channels for the first time. These are people who do NOT subscribe to dish locals at all, just pulling the channels in via antenna.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Is there anything in the uplink report that would show which locals (if any) now get EPG data for non-subscribing locals?

I stopped subscrbing to Dish last Jan., but I still receive EPG data for my OTA locals on my 811, which is still connected to the dish. I'm in San Diego, BTW.

As of yesterday, I have the guide info for most of my OTA stations. I do not subscribe to locals through Dish.... Hopefully this continues

On my 211, I'm seeing the EPG on the -1 channels only. Not on the -2 or -3 except for PBS.

Not seeing it on PBS HD (-1), but on -2.

Just a thought, but I think I saw somewhere that Dish is doing a free Locals until 12/31/2006. You might check to see if you have locals. You might have to turn them on in setup somewhere. That might explain Locals showing up in the EPG.

I just started receiving the locals guide info on my 942 but not on my 622. I do subscribe to the Cincinnati locals, but I happen to live in an area where the locals are not remapped to the local OTA channel number (i.e., 8350 WCPO doesn't rempap to 09-00). Anyhow, due to this, I have never receive the OTA guide info for the local HD channels, until yesterday. This helps tremendously for making timers for HD shows. I hope it stays and I hope it starts working on the 622 soon. BTW, I am receiving guide info for both Cincy and Dayton locals on the 942.

I am receiving guide info for both Cincy and Dayton locals on the 942.
Now that interests me.... I looked this morning and still get "Digital Service" for the local subchannels. The uplink report I read yesterday didn't have very many, if any, local (sub)channel guide info.

I have a 622 though and you say you're only getting this on the 942.

What Dish receivers use the PSIP data ?? Is it the older HD boxes only ??

On my 211, I'm seeing the EPG on the -1 channels only. Not on the -2 or -3 except for PBS.

Not seeing it on PBS HD (-1), but on -2.

Thats kind of what I have been seeing too, I have it for the -1 channels but not beyond that. My local PBS has 4 sub channels and only -1 has anything other than Digital Service.

Mike

I checked again last night and I am now getting EPG data on my 211 but not on my 622.

The "-1" channel has ALWAYS had guide data for me. I'd say that Dish assumes the "-1" channel is the same feed as the analog channel and in most cases, it is. My local NBC, WDTN, had guide data for channel 2-00 (analog) and 2-1 (digital) but not for 2-2. My local FOX, WRGT, is channel 45-0 (analog) and 45-1 (digital). They do have a 45-2 channel, which is now "My TV" or whatever this whole CW thing has turned into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)