EPG info for OTA digital sub-channels is working!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Does anybody know why the 942 gets the guide info but the 622 does not? I am now getting the new distant networks and still get OTA info on my 942, but still do not on my 622.

New symptom

I have another symptom to add to this discussion. I just got a new 622, and I do not subscribe to local channels. I also do not get OTA EPG for the locals that I receive via antenna.

When I do a program search on my new 622, it will pull up the "digital service" time frame when the searched for program airs on the OTA channel. I still can not select the program in the search results for DVR recording, but the receiver knows that the program is comming on. This is frustrating. I believe it confirms that Dish is blocking the EPG for an increase in OTA subscriptions.

I believe they are doing this by altering the PSIP data from the local broadcaster within the receiver. I feed the same antenna directly into my Sony HDTV, and I can see the guide information via PSIP there. But, that means changing inputs on the TV to see the local channels. The TV has its own set of quirks with this, but that's another topic.

Is anyone else seeing this when you do a search?

Last edited:
I'm seeing the same issue here in the Little Rock DMA. In fact, there's been no guide data from my 211 for a day or two now while the OTA PSIP info is normal on my Samsung but I agree with you, it's an extra pain to switch inputs on the TV to see program info (even though the OTA tuner in the Samsung is better than the 211).

i still do not have OTA EPG for the digital HD channel 11 PBS in chicago. they just fixed WGN about 2 weeks ago, but PBS is still not showing guide info. anyone else have this issue?

DISH does not alter the PSIP data for OTA programming.

They block it completely. :(

What burns me is not only that E* is to chincy and cheap to give you the guide info
if you are not a local sub but they could have easily built the receiver ( mine is a 211 )
to process the local guide info the the broadcasting stations in my city are sending out.
As it is, I have to switch inputs on my tv to switch over to the LG 4200 OTA receiver I
use in order to view the local guide info.

I have a 211 also. I also do not subscribe to locals. Had the guide data until the last software update. You are right when you say E is cheap! :neener You would have thought that they would have provided this info given the legal problems they have had with the networks, but not DISH! :no

How long does it take for the PSIP data to load on your LG 4200? My ATSC tuners that pull PSIP take up to 30 seconds to display the data, so I NEVER use it. It is often inaccurate anyway.

How long does it take for the PSIP data to load on your LG 4200? My ATSC tuners that pull PSIP take up to 30 seconds to display the data, so I NEVER use it. It is often inaccurate anyway.
It seems every receiver does it differently. My Samsung only pulls the PSIP data when I tune to the channel. That is, if I turn the unit on, all channels except the one I'm on say "No data available" or "Digital programming" or something similar.

The inaccuracy thing has been mentioned by a LOT of people and one reason why people do NOT want Dish to use it for DVRs.

It depends on the channel too, mine will load some channels nearly instantly and others take several minutes. I've never had a problem with incorrect guide. Sometimes if it never loads it takes an email to the station to get it working.

The guide usually loads fairly quickly. Information is complete for most channels but a couple of local broadcasters have not yet chosen to populate the guide with data. I expect that when the analog broadcasts go dark then the last 2 holdouts will start to populate the guide with info.
Especially since they now have denied the local cable company the rights to rebroadcast their digital signal unless they get paid per subscriber ( thats another another long thread, lets not go into it here )

They are required to broadcast at least a couple hours worth (6 I think). If you can't get anywhere with an email and you care enough you could complain to the FCC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)