EPG on 811 not working!!!

HDTV Rookie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 1, 2003
Texas
OK Folks, I have been away for a while and I tried to read all of the post on the new bugs, but I could not really find an answer for my issue.

The EPG on my 811 is not working. I have rebooted, I have ran the switch test and when I click on the guide button, I get the guide, but everything says NO INFO and the guide won't move. It does it whether it is on OTA or Satellite channels.

Does anyone have the fix?

I do view my guide with the preview, so I will try it without the preview and see if it works.

Our 811 has done the same thing. We powered down at the box and it came back.
I have noticed that when the guide does appear, it doesn't have more than an hour of upcoming programming.
I have also noticed less pixelation on TNTHD etc. Maybe having 2 days of programming in the guide was causing memory trouble and E* has changed the guide for the 811 at a reduced output. ??

My 811 has been doing the same thing. My fix, so far, has been to do a Power button reset, wait for it to find the satelites again and then wait for it to download new program guide data.
After this is done, the guide has two days (48hours) of data again.

I thought this was caused by my leaving it tuned to an OTA station when I turned it off at night but I can't really prove this to be true. Last night I turned it off with a Dish channel tuned, and this morning it still has 48 hours of guide.

This is a huge problem for me as well. My Wife is very frustrated by this as she is home with the kids during the day. They get to watch 1 hour of 'kids' stuff a day and my wife knows when the programs are on. She normally goes to the favorites 'kids' and scrolls down to them. I went ahead and wrote down the channel numbers so she can change it manually.

The real issues are at night once the kids are asleep. We want to browse around, but we cant. I have fixed it numerous times with the front panel re-boot, but it always comes back. It is very frustrating.

I am having no problems with my guide on the 811. I don't use the OTA part of the receiver and am beginning to suspect the new OTA guide addition is what is causing everyone problems. I power off every night and consistently have 40+ hours of guide information available.

NightRyder

ive never had a problem with the guide... other than it remapping my locals randomly during the last software. but i think as long as you turn it off at night (make sure its on a dish channel for the sake of safety) then you should be ok.

Folks, Call "E" like I did, and start complaining. therefore they would (hopefully) understand that they "do" have a problem. I have been advised to call back in a week to see what their engineering and software techs come up with in trying to resolve this problem.

When I called "E" last week they informed me that they were not aware of this problem. :shocked

I turn off my 811 every night. I also do not watch my 811 every night b/c I have a 508 in the same room and a D* Sammy HD receiver, plus my Mitsu TV has a built in HD Tuner. I spend most of my time watching the 508 b/c most of the time I am watching something I recorded. But when I want to watch something on the 811, I get that stupid guide issue. I also have 1 local channel that will not stay mapped on the right channel. My Fox will change from 002.1 to 043.1 as soon as I change the channel. I never use to have any of these problems before the last software push. I also experience now the Black Screen w/no audio. 2 times I believe.

My year is up in 1 month, as I was one of the first ones to get an 811, I am not sure if I will continue to use it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)