Status
Please reply by conversation.

rooneysat

On Vacation
Original poster
Feb 18, 2014
USA
Hey guys,

Anyone know if there is a specific transponder that populates the receiver's EPG? I have seen some channels like DW that populate EPG, but most do not.

Quite an interesting selection of channels like MeTV, PBS, Reelz, Cozi, Networks, etc...would be nice if we had an EPG for all these wonderful channels! :p

How was it done during the 4DTV days? Wasn't there a transponder dedicated to EPG?

Those are all feeds, no EPG needed. Only a few channels are part of a satellite service and contain EPG info, but most do not.

I use zap2it on my pc. It will let you save favorites so you can create a channel list that includes most of the US channels available. zap2it.JPG

Last edited:
Many satellite channels can be added to Titantv.com and you can also have your OTA channels there as well. I've got both FTA and OTA listed on my account with them.

Here is an example of one using TITANTV.com

View attachment 95611

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It's even better using it in FireFox and with AdBlocker Plus. You don't have to contend with the ad's that make it a bit messy. I also edit the channels, to change them to reflect what satellite they are on, IE: 83, 97, 101, etc. That also allows them to group themselves in satellite specific groups...

Such like this:

TitanTv.gif

Yeah, I know, I'm due for some changes...

Last edited:
Yeah, I know, I'm due for some changes...

Alright primestar quite dragging your feet and get on the ball :D

Just kidding. I like the sat listing thing. Is that a automatic thing or is it a custom added field? zap2it will let you move a channel anywhere up and down the list but you have to do each channel individually not as a group.

Titantv, when adding a channel you assign the channel #. I assign the sat position. Then move it up/dn the list to place it in order.

Good thread guys...so, yes, listings are available online for almost every channel but you still have to check listings with a PC. I was thinking maybe we can somehow download the listings right into our receivers (most have ethernet anyway) and automatically populate our guides.

Also, practically all channels have a web page and programming is often listed there too...especially for international, etc. It would be really coooool if someone developed an app that would allow our stbs to populate the guide automatically for every channel. ;)

I must say, now that I have scanned all the birds, I am quite impressed with the variety of both c-band and ku-band programming. Always thought it was just a few religious channels and internationals, but no. If you had to sub the english language programming and feeds available on FTA it would easily set you back $80 per month!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)