Epg

Turn your receiver off and restart after 1 min, if it doesnt work then go to menu 6, 1, 1, and do a checkswitch test, when its done cancel out about 5 times and it should download the latest guide info.

Van those audio dropouts people are talking about on the 522's, I only have them on my 625 every now and then,only when using the optical audio out and only on recorded shows. If I use the sound coming from the Coax it doesn't do that. I even tried running both sounds parallel. When it happens you hear the dropout on optical out, while the Coax sound stays. Is that what other people are complaining about?

Ralph do you turn off your reciver at night time when your not watching tv on both tuners? If your not make sure you turn them off because it wont take downloads during the night for your EPG. On tv 2 you should see a bouncing dish logo.. On TV.1 you should see snow or a bouncing logo. That should help you out.

I believe so, I havent read enough about it on here to make my own opinions yet, I have had audio problems on my 508 pvr on recorded events probably from a bad area on its hard drive. I would recommend checking to make sure that your fiber line is connected securely to both devices, also make sure that it isnt kinked. One thing Im curious about is how heat affects fiber optic.

Glad the info helped you out, make sure to turn your receiver off when your not using it and you shouldnt have the epg issue in the future except for once in a blue moon.

Goaliebob yes I always turn both tuners off, before I go to bed. I do this ever since I got the service. I just found that odd that it was doing that right in the middle of the late afternoon while I was watching TV and used the EPG to see what's coming on next, and there was nothing. Never done that before. I absolutely love my 625, but seems every now and then those E* receivers have some weird glitches...just like any other computer :) They do weird things too sometimes and you have no idea what the heck was causing it. Just right in the middle of doing something, the screen goes black while youre still typing or so, and most of the time you can't reproduce that particular problem to see what could have caused it and eliminate the problem for the future. Computers suck!

Van. I don't know what it could be. Because when I rewind the show with the dropout, and repeat the same scene, then the dropout occurs at the same spot. But only on digital out. So if it was the drive it should dropout on all sound outputs, unless the digital out track is on a different area in that sector and it doesn't affect the other. Well it's not too bad, it only happened a couple of times in a month. Other than that, the sound of my 625 is a BLAST on my Home Theatre system. I can't remember the last time I utilized my very very good Sony HiFi VCR. The poor thing is obsolete now..

good deal ralphguy :) you wouldnt belive how many people dont turn there recivers off and wonder why they dont work right :) or are constantly getting errors from there hard drive and constant epg updates. As long as your doing that you should be all good. Your right about dish recivers and also computers.. as they are far from perfect. There is allwasy room for improvement even in the most stable software.

Goaliebob, I know this is not really Dish related, but you're right with the most stable software thing. My Windows XP Pro is so extremely stable, it never crashed in 3 years. Unless you use Windows Movie Maker...but this involves alot of preventative maintenance, like defrag and scans and such. But it's worth the effort, and it thanks me with stable run. So it is the same with the Dish receivers. Treat your stuff right and do what you can for regular maintenance, and it will reward you with best performance possible.

I know I'm a little late here but I had the same issue with my 301 saying "no info" and some of the knock off shopping channels were red in my guide. If I selected one, it said "not authorized" but then came in fine.

Box is always turned off.

Did the old "hold the power til it goes off on the unit" trick and it worked then :)

It could still be a drive issue if the information isnt getting written to the drive for the dolby sound track. When the audio drops does the video seem to stagger or snap past a second or so?

Van, no only the audio mutes for about a second. No issue with the picture at the same time at all. Sound form TV stays normal. If I rewind and repeat the scene, it does the same thing again. Only on recordings, not live TV. Had it again twice a few minutes ago, and seems to be about 1 minute apart each time it occurs.

It really does sound like a hard drive write issue, I would call and talk to someone in advanced tech support and you will probably get a replacement sent out to you.

Off to bed for me, worked 17 hours today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)