Equipment For My New Hdtv Television

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugzze

Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
I am purchasing a new HDTV Television next week and besides the HDTV Direct TV receiver and dish, could someone please tell me if I will need other equipment to view the HDTV programs? Will I need extra equipment to see my HDTV local channels, which are offered where I live? A reply will be greatly appreciated.

For your local HDTV OTA channels you're going to need an antenna. Go to www.antennaweb.org, plug in your location and it will tell you where your stations are at and what size antenna you'll need.

Also, remember that some of the stations do Dolby Digital 5.1, so you'll need a TOSLINK cable from your STB to your sound system (assuming that it does DD5.1 audio).

Good luck and enjoy.

PS:If you can afford it and can find it, you might consider the HD10-250 HD DirecTivo STB. It's really nice to be able to time shift HD programming.

You should also add an HD upconverting DVD player, such as the Zenith to your your HDTV to take full advantage of all DVD's on your new TV.

If you can't afford the HD Directivo that RAD was talking about and you get a standard HD receiver I would hightly recommend the HTL-HD from Hughes.

If you have an Xbox you will want to get the HD AV pak that includes the component cables, and if your surround sound system supports more than 1 TOSLink input, a cable for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts