Equipment for Sky Angel service only

rcwilcox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 30, 2004
Has anybody had any experience with getting Dish to install a system for SA only? I have heard that they will do that (Sears Radio Shack) but it would seem to be a bit of a problem in the sense of most systems come with twins and you need to point to 61.5 and no dealer makes anything from any kind of kickback as these are SA only. Ideas???

If you can do it yourself, buy a dish off of Ebay and a receiver from Walmart or Sears or Ebay and install it yourself. It really isn't that hard :)

You can use a Twin at 1 satellite (61.5). If you are looking to hook up more than one receiver, well, that's a different story.

Official Sky Angel information is available HERE

But as Iceberg says, probably the cheapest way is to buy the unit from e-bay and install it yourself. If you decide to buy on e-bay, BUYER BEWARE!!!! Though most people are on the up and up, some may sell receivers with balances on their accounts or large unpaid PPV purchases on the cards. Be sure to get the receiver ID and smart card ID from the seller and call Dish BEFORE you buy the receiver. If the seller doesn't want to provide the info, don't buy!

See ya
Tony

Iceberg said:
If you can do it yourself, buy a dish off of Ebay and a receiver from Walmart or Sears or Ebay and install it yourself. It really isn't that hard :)

You can use a Twin at 1 satellite (61.5). If you are looking to hook up more than one receiver, well, that's a different story.

I know all that. I am trying to sell others on SA and I can't hook them all up. I have bought quite a bit of stuff from Ebay and here for SA and installed it but sometimes I need a pro install. If I send someone to Radio Shack and they buy the equipment there will Dish install it and point it to 61.5 for them?

rcwilcox said:
I know all that. I am trying to sell others on SA and I can't hook them all up.
I see
I have bought quite a bit of stuff from Ebay and here for SA and installed it but sometimes I need a pro install. If I send someone to Radio Shack and they buy the equipment there will Dish install it and point it to 61.5 for them?

If they buy the equipment, I don't see why not

I don't think they can lease the equipment, as that requires 1 yr commit to AT60 or greater.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts