Equipment no longer supported letter

erict

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Received the letter stating some equipment no longer supported. I'm assuming they mean my one sd receiver I have and not my 3 hd receivers. My sd receiver I have is in my pole barn and has its own dish which is the old basic round dish. I don't need hd out there and wondering do I really need to change anything.

If you don’t need HD in that area, then you can just have D* take the SD receiver off your account. They likely won’t want it back, so you’d have to recycle it.
I still use it. I have an hd dish at the house but a separate dish at my pole barn. I just don't need hd in my barn. Just want to know if I really need to switch the receiver out or can I just continue to use it without issues.

Just want to know if I really need to switch the receiver out or can I just continue to use it without issues.
If you are in one of the markets that have INFO notices for SD local shutoffs, and watch locals through that box, you will need to switch the receiver out to an HD one to continue watching your local channels.
You can continue to use it without issues if you only watch national cable networks through that box, I think.
Since you don’t disclose your location on your profile, I’m unsure what market you’re in so I can check to see if they have an INFO/ALERT channel for SD local shutoffs.

The INFO channels are the final notice. Affected customers that still have SD receivers on their account get contacted directly via letters before they appear.

Based on your previous posts you are in the Detroit DMA, and while it doesn't have any INFO channels yet, it is one of the markets that will likely be losing their SD locals next year after the spotbeam satellite in the 101 slot is retired.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
I still use it. I have an hd dish at the house but a separate dish at my pole barn. I just don't need hd in my barn. Just want to know if I really need to switch the receiver out or can I just continue to use it without issues.
I think I would call into D* and say, I have a SD recvr and see if they will upgrade you for free ... first, if not, see what they have to offer.

You already have HD on your account, so adding another HR recvr to your account won't cost you anything monthly.

Reactions: navychop
I think I would call into D* and say, I have a SD recvr and see if they will upgrade you for free ... first, if not, see what they have to offer.

You already have HD on your account, so adding another HR recvr to your account won't cost you anything monthly.
Is all I need to do is change out the receiver to an hd receiver and keep the same small round dish? I don't need hd out there but other posts above seem to say my dish is a problem too.

Is all I need to do is change out the receiver to an hd receiver and keep the same small round dish? I don't need hd out there but other posts above seem to say my dish is a problem too.
Depends, do you have the very old Round dish out there, or a SWM dish at the barn ?
Thats another thing you can confirm with D* when you call them.
They may or may not replace it for you seeing its Not the Main one on the property.

Ask the installer when he shows up, if it get that far.

Depends, do you have the very old Round dish out there, or a SWM dish at the barn ?
Thats another thing you can confirm with D* when you call them.
They may or may not replace it for you seeing its Not the Main one on the property.

Ask the installer when he shows up, if it get that far.
Old round dish from 1999.

• Wow
They put fiber in the ground here 2 years ago, still nothing available ( I get 1 gig down via coaxial, but my upload sucks) and this guy gets it into his barn

• Haha
They put fiber in the ground here 2 years ago, still nothing available ( I get 1 gig down via coaxial, but my upload sucks) and this guy gets it into his barn
It took 25 years to get high speed Internet here. Just got it this past spring. 500gig up and down. Love it. Had DSL 5gig down and .6 up. It's now a whole new ballgame. Already had a cat7 feed to my barn and my mesh system works like a charm.

I do have a Roku, Chromecast and Fire stick.
The Directv app for Roku is excellent. So good in fact that I use it for most of my viewing as long as I'm just watching a single show/event. It's not great for channel surfing, though. I'm about to send back another Geni client.