Equipment required for additional receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ndcart

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
TX
Third topic of the day, here goes. I have a Dish 500 system with a 522 receiver. It has two SW 21 swictes on it out of the dish. I would like to add a third receiver for another room, but am not sure what equipment other than the additional receiver that I would need. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You could go with a Quad Lnb that can feed up to 4 tuners (2 for the 522 and one for the third receiver). Or you can get a DPP Twin, with the DPP Twin you can have a single run to the 522 using a separator and another run to the third receiver.

I would go with the DPP Twin.

Are you sure those switches are SW21s? Since you have a 522, most likely you have DP21s. Do you have a second dish?

RandallA said:
You could go with a Quad Lnb that can feed up to 4 tuners (2 for the 522 and one for the third receiver). Or you can get a DPP Twin, with the DPP Twin you can have a single run to the 522 using a separator and another run to the third receiver.

I would go with the DPP Twin.

Are you sure those switches are SW21s? Since you have a 522, most likely you have DP21s. Do you have a second dish?

Thanks for the info. I do not have a second dish, and just double checked the switches. They are SW21s. I'm fixing to look up that part on the DishStore. Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)