Equipment upgrade ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tenmetalman

Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
N Carolina
Hey All,
I'm a newbie to the group and have some questions concerning equipment and up grades. I currently have a 8' mesh dish and am using a Fujitsu General FSR4500 Satellite receiver. I have Ku but have never put the effort into getting it working beyond hand tuning in the odd broadcast. I've been using Skyvision A la Carte C band Analog programing . As All know the channels are going to 4DTV and the wife's favorite three channels have gone that route. Yeserday I was surfing for info as how to go Digital and stumbled onto your site. I welcome all opnions
As of now I'm thinking that I'll get a DRS905 sidcar and add it to my existing system and add the digital channels as required. All of my equipment has been purchased and installed by myself used. I used info on the net to aline my dish as all works well and only needs touching up from time to time when the wind or other weather conditions cause things to shift. All of this talk about FTA programing has got my attention and I'm wondering about the following....
1). Will my present system get the FTA programing ?
2). How do I go about it ?
3). any opnions about how I'm planning to add the Digital programing ?
Sorry for such a long first post and thanks in advance for any replys
Paul (Tenmetalman)

Welcome to the site tenmetalman, I would recommend asking the moderators to shift your thread over to the FTA forum section, good luck with your quest and feel free to checkout the rest of the site.

tenmetalman said:
Hey All,
I'm a newbie to the group and have some questions concerning equipment and up grades. I currently have a 8' mesh dish and am using a Fujitsu General FSR4500 Satellite receiver. I have Ku but have never put the effort into getting it working beyond hand tuning in the odd broadcast. I've been using Skyvision A la Carte C band Analog programing . As All know the channels are going to 4DTV and the wife's favorite three channels have gone that route. Yeserday I was surfing for info as how to go Digital and stumbled onto your site. I welcome all opnions
As of now I'm thinking that I'll get a DRS905 sidcar and add it to my existing system and add the digital channels as required. All of my equipment has been purchased and installed by myself used. I used info on the net to aline my dish as all works well and only needs touching up from time to time when the wind or other weather conditions cause things to shift. All of this talk about FTA programing has got my attention and I'm wondering about the following....
1). Will my present system get the FTA programing ?
2). How do I go about it ?
3). any opnions about how I'm planning to add the Digital programing ?
Sorry for such a long first post and thanks in advance for any replys
Paul (Tenmetalman)

Skyvision has a super deal on used 4dtv's at the moment, and yes your current setup is good for dvb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)