Equity Channels moving?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GutBomb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Denver, CO, USA
I just heard a rumor that the Equity owned channels on G10R are moving to G3 C Band in early 2005. Anybody else heard this?

Hope not :(

I know there are a couple of them testing there, but I cant see Equity pulling 30 channels and putting them on C-Band

Found this on the Equity channel moves. Hope its not true either. Dont have the room for a BUD. :mad:

Galaxy 10R Equity channels

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Equity Broadcasting affiliates currently on G10 at 123w are going to be moving to G3 sometime in early 2005. If you enjoy watching them and want to continue to do so, you will need to invest in a C-band dish.

I wouldn't necessarily consider a c-band dish an "investment" :)

Sounds real good and hope your right as that G10R Ku is a little to finiky. And yes,( For Blakandvd) a C-band dish is a great investment for all satellite hobbiests.

I will be sad, maybe I'll need to get one of those big dishes. Or maybe the wife will give me the "wife" stare

Equity broacasting developed a central hub "digital satellite uplink system – Central Automated Satellite Hub (CASH)." that distributes all freqs to all US timezones via KU band. There whole systenm was developed in 2002 and complete in 2003 and they signed a contract with panamsat. I realize that panamsat owns G3 as well, but there centralcast system is based on a server system currently with a storage capacity of 1.5 TBytes. Content is encoded and stored in MPEG-2 format at 8 Mbits/s and broadcast simultaneously through there littlerock headquarters.

There whole system is based on KU not C band. It wouldn't make sense to me that a company that owns a bunch of stations would change there system totally after a couple of years.

I think most probably that the most reasonable situation would be that equity moves over there mux's to G3 on the KU side and not C band.

I have my info straight from the horse's mouth. They are all moving to G3 C-band in early 2005. KFDF and KPBI are already there. Of course, they are also simulcasting on X0, but those feeds will soon be shut off. I think they would have preferred X3 to G3, but X3 contains DirecTV Brazil and the Race Track Network and I don't think there's any room left. The good news is that there are no plans to encrypt.

To me it dosen't mater which one they go to as long as it's stronger then that G10R ku signal.

If you want "proof" of the move from G10 to G3, simply email Doug Krile at Equity. The email link is in the attached document. I never said the sky was falling. All you have to do is move your dish. If you don't have a C-band dish, get one.

This is the Document:

Settings for Equity Broadcasting Corporation Central Automated Satellite Hub System

The Equity Broadcasting Corporation C.A.S.H. (Central Automated Satellite Hub) system feeds programming 24/7 to our constantly-growing family of television stations across the country. The information below should provide you with technical information needed to receive any EBC station on the C.A.S.H. system.
All Wegener Receivers use a Tag setting of 15 and will use the Data Rate. All other receivers use the Symbol Rate.

Equity Galaxy 3C Transponder 17c
Uplink 6265.00 MHz
Downlink 4040 MHz (4.04 GHz)
L-Band 1110 MHz
F.E.C. 7/8
Symbol Rate: 29.12
Data Rate:
Programs
1. KPBI NW Arkansas - Fox
2. KFDF NW Arkansas - UPN
3. KCBU Salt Lake City, UT - Univision
4. WUDT Detroit, MI - Univision
5. WUVF Ft. Myer, FL - Univision
6. WLZE Ft. Myer, FL - Telefutura
7. KUOK Oklahoma City, OK - Univision
8. KMCC Lockland, NV - Univision
9. WUNM Minneapolis, MN - Univision
10. KCUN Kansas City, MO - Univision
11. Future
12. Future
13. Future
14. Future
15. Adtek Commercial Stream (Future)

Equity G10R Transponder 1Ku
Uplink 14020.00 MHz
Downlink 11720 MHz
L-Band 970 MHz
f.e.c. 3/4
Data Rate 38.28
Symbol Rate 27.6919

Programs
1. KLRA Univision - Little Rock
2. KDEV Independent (Lick) - Denver
3. ImaginAsian IA.tv Asian Network
4. KKTU ABC - Cheyenne
5. Mas Musica Latin Music Videos
6. KKFQ Yakima Univision
7. KXUN Univision NW Arkansas
8. The Tube Music Video Network
9. KEYU w/ AC3 Univision Amarillo
10. KAMT w/ AC3 Telefutura Amarillo
11. WNGS Independent - Buffalo
12. KWWF UPN - Waterloo
13. WNYI Independent (Lick)- Syracuse
14. INN/Utility News feeds
16. KWFT WB- Ft. Smith, AR

VC 15 future KKTU-DT (VC 15 Reserved)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equity G10R Transponder 5 Ku
Uplink 14100 MHZ
Downlink 11800 MHZ
L-Band 1050.0
f.e.c. 3/4
Data Rate 36.849
Symbol Rate 26.657

Programs
1. WBIF UPN Panama City, FL
2. KTVC UPN Eugene, OR
3. KQUP UPN Spokane, WA
4. WMQF FOX Marquette, MI
6. KYPX PAX Little Rock
7. KWBF WB Little Rock
8. KWBS PAX Springfield, MO
9. WBMM PAX Montgomery, AL
10. WGMU UPN Burlington, VT
11. WPXS PAX St. Louis
13. KUTH UNIVISION Salt Lake City
14. KPOU UNIVISION Portland
15. KUTF TELEFUTURA Salt Lake City
16. KWBM WB Springfield, MO
17. DAYSTAR National - Religious

VC 5, 12 Allocated for radio use in Thesis - Not Applicable in NMX
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Casper G10R Transponder 21Ku
Uplink 14403.75
Downlink 12103.75 MHZ
L-Band 1353.75
f.e.c 3/4
Data Rate 03.572
Symbol Rate 02.84

Programs
1. KTWO ABC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ft Smith
Uplink 14414 MHZ
Downlink 12114 MHZ
L-Band 1364.00
f.e.c. 3/4
Data Rate 06.143
Symbol Rate 04.444

Programs
1. KPBI FOX
2. KFDF UPN

Link to hack site removed

Found this on the Equity channel moves. Hope its not true either. Dont have the room for a BUD. :mad:[/QUOTE]

removed all contact info in the above post.

I don't mind that it was posted, but the contact info should not be posted. That has been removed

I too am sorry to hear of this happening, as i have my non motorized KU dish dedicated to g10. Guess ill have to figure out somewhere else to point it, but that sat offered more english FTA than any of the others that i can see :( On the good side tho, g3 is in the portion of the Clark Belt that i can see with my BUD :) yet another reason for you to get your BUD up and running Iceberg, ;)

The new C band uplink is in Missouri, not far from Branson. There currently are only 9 channels on there and technical problems exist. Seems they are still testing.

The reason for going to C band may be better storm fade conditions.

I am glad I don't live in an Equity served market. All of the feeds to their stations are what I would call Fuzzy-Vision. 480 X 480 4:2:0 at best. DISH Network does better on many of their channels.

i just found another equity station on that popped up on g3 cband, its Lick tv (northern florida UPN)
trans 4040
sym 29156
aud pid 56
vid pid 57

Its just speculation on my part, but I wonder if they could be having problems with G10. Haven't a lot of folks been having problems with the Equity signal lately? Maybe they're wanting to move the programming before the transponders fail. Lately I've been getting a better signal from the CBS station in St. Thomas than the Equity channels, and that used to be the really weak one.

The Equity G10 TP's are real low

around 45 on 11799
around 35 on 11719

I would miss them, but most of the wrestling on there is reruns so I havent missed much..the tube I would miss

Converselly, CBS on there is at 77 and Research and UW Transponders are at almost 90

I've always had pretty much good signals on G10 on Equity. I'll miss the FOX football and baseball regional games the most. KTWO jumped the shark when a) Lindie moved to Boise and Tamara moved to Palm Springs with Flint and b) when George Kay retired (No one did sports like George) and c) when the new set arrived allowing all 4 people to sit down. :)

My signal level on the Equity channels have gone down also in the last few months. I get in the mid 30s.

Brian

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts