Equity signal going up??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Equity G10 signal going up??

Noticed last night that the Equity transponders signal were up

usually 11799 jumps from 60-75 but last night it was a SOLID 75
12114 (fox/upn) buried the needle at 99 (has been around 75 lately)

sadly, the tube is at 45-50 :(

maybe they can crank up the power :)

Hope so, its (TUBE) dang near unwatchable when we get BAD weather.

As long as we are talking about signal quality-I have a question (Surprise-I know :) ). I often hear people say that the Tube (for example) can be seen at around 40-50 % quality. On IA6, I lose anything when it hits 63% or below. What factors determine when you lose a signal?

To throw a monkey wrench into your questions... sometimes the tube (for example) is watchable at 40-50% quality, and sometimes it is not, even with the same quality showing up on the meter....

Every signal is different (especially feeds) and if there is a glitch at the uplink, then the signal can go out. Also, how much bandwidth they purchased is another thing.

Perfect example…last night I was watching the CBS News feed on IA6. It had a 60 quality and the signal broke up a couple times. Doc Scott was at a 15-18 quality and strong as can be.

As to the Tube question…if the feed has a glitch, then that may happen. Remember, the signal is coming from the tube up to the satellite and down to Equity and then back up the satellite. If there is an issue between the tube and equity, we see the glitch with a solid signal.

Receiver may have something to do with it…I know the Pansat 1500 sometimes would say “no signal” when I have a solid signal. The audio is still there but the video glitches

Ok, but lets assume for discussion it is watchable at 55-60. I lose most everything once it dips below 63. I was losing alot yesterday with my temporary setup and nudged the dish one "notch" west and picked up about 3 %. That made all the difference in having or not having several channels. just wondering if all this is normal or if I have more issues to deal with.

snathanb said:
To throw a monkey wrench into your questions... sometimes the tube (for example) is watchable at 40-50% quality, and sometimes it is not, even with the same quality showing up on the meter....

KU band is at a lower power than DBS…so one notch can make the difference between a 75 signal and a 40 signal or a 50 signal and a 0 signal depending on the signal power.

I didn't notice the peaking of equity, but then again i never have any problems with the TUBE. Maybe it is my part of the midwest . Using an ivacon 3 and a satwork 3688, and wineguard dish. any thing under 38 is a quality pic. odd isn't it pentagon channel is a no show even when i manually enter everything.

You said a mouthfull there. I used to raed reviews before I got my system and they would talk about 3 % or 5 % increases and I thought "big deal". Now I know better. I am thinking about a bigger dish already. :eek:

Iceberg said:
KU band is at a lower power than DBS…so one notch can make the difference between a 75 signal and a 40 signal or a 50 signal and a 0 signal depending on the signal power.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
As long as we are talking about signal quality-I have a question (Surprise-I know :) ). I often hear people say that the Tube (for example) can be seen at around 40-50 % quality. On IA6, I lose anything when it hits 63% or below. What factors determine when you lose a signal?

Another thought. Every receiver is different. On my Twinhan, max I get off the Tube is 49%. At anything below about 34% quality, I get picture breakup and glitches. These numbers sound silly compared to other people's STB's.

On your unit, your 63% might be equivelent to the 34% I get here. Same signal, different meters. If that's true, you might get 72% on the Tube, and we'll all get jealous and want numbers like that ;) but in reality you have no more signal than anyone else, just different numbers.

Anyway, just a theory to further confuse you :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)