erased hard drives on DISH Player-DVR 625

stoney

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
fresno,ca
I recently had two family members state that this last friday night they had there hard drives completly erased on there DISH Player-DVR 625. Each had protected material and the timers were even erased. Anyone else have this problem or know what happened???

DISH has had this problem on their hard drives the receiver "discovers an error" and redoes the hard drive returning it to original state nothing save or protected timer caller id all gone. Just one more example of DISH's high quality software writing. My 522 did it twice before I switched to DIRECTV.

Do the Tivo's and DirecTv DVR's have issues with their recordings getting erased like that? If not then it would be aweful tempting for me to switch if it ever happens to me. I store things on there that I would be very very upset if those shows/movies got lost. Some will never be shown EVER again (or at least for a long time or until IPTV becomes more of a reality). Yes I know, I should not store shows on the DVR but the receivers should not flake out like that either.

Stargazer said:
Do the Tivo's and DirecTv DVR's have issues with their recordings getting erased like that? If not then it would be aweful tempting for me to switch if it ever happens to me. I store things on there that I would be very very upset if those shows/movies got lost. Some will never be shown EVER again (or at least for a long time or until IPTV becomes more of a reality). Yes I know, I should not store shows on the DVR but the receivers should not flake out like that either.
IT happens.

DVR's are computers, and computers occasionally have problems...

Stargazer said:
Hard drives do fail. I've had 3 or 4 hard drives die in tivos. Best bet is to have them on a UPS so the drive never stops spinning and to archive anything you want to different media. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you dont. My original standalone tivo from 1999 still runs great where as the drive in my 2 year old HDTivo has died twice.

I've not had any issues out of these 522's that I have. They may prove to be the most reliable DVR's that I ever purchased other than the 7100 DishPlayer that I used to own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)