Error 122: Internal Communication Failure

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I recently received a replacement 722k for one that died. It powers up, which is a nice change from the one it's replacing. But, it keeps popping up an error 122 message. Very annoying.

None of the others that are hooked up to the same dish/LNB/switch do this. That, combined with what little I've been able to find on this forum, leads me to believe it's a problem in this particular receiver, and not in any external parts of the setup.

Can anyone here confirm or deny that error 122 is indeed only triggered by an internal problem, and most likely means the receiver is defective.

Gracias beaucoup.

I see this detail on the tech portal:
Symptom
Error 122

Cause
This message occurs when the internal Smart Card has an error. The Smart Card number may be entered wrong on the account.

Prevention
Verify the Smart Card numbers are correct when activating a receiver.

Thanks. It seems to check out. But, I'll give them a call to double-check.
I've also gotten error 15 "complete signal loss" a couple of times. But, the other receivers are seeing the signal just fine are working fine.
I wonder if it's related to the OTA module? I know I used to get satellite signal loss warnings when OTA signal was lost even though I wasn't watching or recording an OTA channel.

Also, it seems to forget my lock password after I unlock the system. When I go to lock it again after making my changes, it asks me to create a password, as if its the first time I've used locks. I think there may be something wrong with the internal memory, or something.

Im assuming you have done a hard reset. Smart card is the first thing to look at. Cabling would be my second. Is there a switch involved? I have had LNBF's go bad...only one port on the LNB working fine. (2 rcvrs, one good one bad...turned out to be the LNB). Ground block ok? What caused the last one to fail?

Last option would be to try a new receiver.

Also, it seems to forget my lock password after I unlock the system. When I go to lock it again after making my changes, it asks me to create a password, as if its the first time I've used locks. I think there may be something wrong with the internal memory, or something.
Anytime that you unlock the system, you have to "create a password" to re-lock the system.

Im assuming you have done a hard reset.
Yup.
Smart card is the first thing to look at.
It's internal. No physical card. I will call CS to double-check that they entered the number correctly. (Although, I would think it wouldn't activate, if the numbers didn't match.)
Cabling would be my second.
Identical new cables to both receivers in this installation. The other receiver is OK. (I think I will try physically swapping them to see if the problem follows the receiver, or stays at the location, to determine if it is cable or receiver-specific.)
Is there a switch involved?
Yup. Check switch runs OK from both receivers.
I have had LNBF's go bad...only one port on the LNB working fine. (2 rcvrs, one good one bad...turned out to be the LNB).
Only one output from each LNB, using switch, as noted above.
Ground block ok?
Appears to be.
What caused the last one to fail?
Do not know. It was in a different building, with different cabling. Removed it from rack, plugged it back in outside of rack, and it wouldn't power up.
Last option would be to try a new receiver.
That is my plan, if the numbers check out OK.

Hello, Matt Gonzales with DISH here. The 122 message is (as listed above) a communication error between the receiver and the smart card. Since you've already verified the numbers between our system and yours, as well as hard reset the receiver, if the message is continuing to pop up, the receiver is defective and should be replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)