ERROR 738 on Dish 322 Receiver

NAGGERTWO

Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
I have a 322 receiver telling me to press the record buttom on the second remote so that it can control the second TV. I am pressing record on 5 different #2 remotes, and can not get the error cleared. Help needed. What can be wrong?

Of this guy's 4 posts, two are part of a closed thread for possible illegal activity. Also, notice his username which is a suspicious choice for a regular user, referring to an encryption technology.

It's strange that you have 5 different #2 remotes. Most people with one 322 would only have one #2 remote. Just a few months ago, you were asking for help getting multiple accounts activated with six receivers on each account. If you have a legitimate account, I bet DISH Tech Support would be happy to help with your problem.

322 Probl:em

Pepper said:
Do you have the UHF remote antenna attached on the back of the receiver?
The remote antenna is on the back of the receiver.

For you Chaddux, please get a life. If you do not have a proper answer, please ignore my post.

Did you follow the instructions on the tech portal site? I would recommend calling dish too.

The remotes are in SAT mode right?

Chaddux, while I don't particularly like some of the posts by the OP or his username, I can say that I have 4 extra remotes from people when I bought a receiver from them and they sent extra remotes

I agree, the username sounds suspicious, but unless things have changed recently, the cardless receivers such as the 322 are worthless for hacking.

Pepper said:
I agree, the username sounds suspicious, but unless things have changed recently, the cardless receivers such as the 322 are worthless for hacking.
But not worthless for ACCOUNT STACKING.:)

Error 718

chaddux said:
Nagravision 2.
You keep showing off your wit Mr. Chaddux. The problem was fixed by correctly attaching the UHF antenna. Thanks for everyone's input, especially those that harped on my username, and not the issue at hand.

NAGGERTWO said:
You keep showing off your wit Mr. Chaddux. The problem was fixed by correctly attaching the UHF antenna. Thanks for everyone's input, especially those that harped on my username, and not the issue at hand.

Sorry, but your username is one that would bring attention being that it is a small play on the currnet encryption scheme used by dish. If you came up with it another way, please enlighten us.

As for the UHF antenna you mention correctly attaching it. How in the world did you incorrectly attach it? If it wasn't attached, that would be the first thing I would check when trying to use a UHF remote. Your problem sounds stranger each time you post.