Error 772

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lowe41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Hello,

I have a 5 LNB AT-9 dish with one HD reciever. I have been having intermittent signal problems and finally got my LNB's switched out on the dish today. After the tech left, the TV is telling me acquiring guide data. The Channels come on for a minute or so and then it goes back to acquiring guide data. It says error message 772? When I called DTV's tech support, they say it is getting escalated to there supervisors because they haven't seen error 772 before?? The TV has a blank screen or error message for about 5 minutes then the TV comes on for about 10 seconds and then it repeats itself. I have reset the box by pushing the button and by unplugging the power. I even did a forced download, sitll get nothing??

Can anyone let me know if they have experienced this or know anything about it??

Thanks in advance for your help and comments.

Just call into DirecTV; heck its been 6hrs I would hope he called them by now. Hes gonna have to anyway, more than likely.

I have a H-20 box.

I did call into Direct TV, the tech told me that he has not heard of error 722 and it was forwarded on to supervisors and brodcasting. It works intermittently now?? It still comes up acquiring guide for 5 minutes or so at a time. The other recievers I have in the house work, so I guess its the H-20 box?? The tech is coming back tomorrow am

How long did you unplug it for? Try doing that for 15 mins and rerun the initial setup; if you have not tried that as opposed to just a quick unplug. I would also try calling back and asking to have your call escalated past/over the standard CSR supervisors.

I didn't unplug it for 15 minutes, but I will do that. As far as the call goes, I didn't know you could do that, thanks for the info and your help. Ultimately, I think I'll get a new box though, its still under warranty.

Thanks

I had the same issue you are having. I called a couple of times and they told me that it was a known issue and they had their engineers working on a software upgrade and it would be downloaded through the satellite as soon as it was available. I kept complaining and they finally agreed to send me a new one. I had only had the H20 for about a month. Got the new one and no problems so far. Keep calling maybe you can get a new one too. Good luck.

Your post is a bit unclear, you have listed that the error was 722 and 772,
722 is an old code for a channel you are on that you are not subed too.

772 I have never seen as of yet, also not listed on D*'s website, however they come up with new codes when new problems arrise, so it's hard to say.
I would say D* would have to answer that.

Let us know what it is when you find out, some of us keep track of the codes, for just such an emergency. Probably something new....

Jimbo

Hey Jimbo,

Sorry about being unclear. It is error 772, It works intermittently now?? Its really wierd. The tech I spoke to on the phone had no idea what 772 was and basically told me the same thing that wildcat has posted in his reply. The tech I spoke to was a "level 2 tech", not sure what the difference is, but I would think they would know about this. He mentioned something about a loop error and that there were people all over with the same problem on random recievers. For some reason I don't believe them? For your notes, basically the TV comes on for a couple seconds, then says acquiring guide date. You can't do anything with it all during that time, which is about 5 minutes or so. When you press the more info button, you get the error code and line of sight B.S. I know its lined up because the tech came back today with a meter (bird dog??) and made sure they were locked on good. Thats about it, just frustrating.

I am getting a new box from them, and I hope it arrives before they fix it via satellite because my problem was supposedly forwarded to supervisors and brodcasting?
I will update as I find out what the heck is going on. At least the other non-hd recievers work.

lowe41 said:
Hey Jimbo,

Sorry about being unclear. It is error 772, It works intermittently now?? Its really wierd. The tech I spoke to on the phone had no idea what 772 was and basically told me the same thing that wildcat has posted in his reply. The tech I spoke to was a "level 2 tech", not sure what the difference is, but I would think they would know about this. He mentioned something about a loop error and that there were people all over with the same problem on random recievers. For some reason I don't believe them? For your notes, basically the TV comes on for a couple seconds, then says acquiring guide date. You can't do anything with it all during that time, which is about 5 minutes or so. When you press the more info button, you get the error code and line of sight B.S. I know its lined up because the tech came back today with a meter (bird dog??) and made sure they were locked on good. Thats about it, just frustrating.

I am getting a new box from them, and I hope it arrives before they fix it via satellite because my problem was supposedly forwarded to supervisors and brodcasting?
I will update as I find out what the heck is going on. At least the other non-hd recievers work.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You had another tech out today to check the sat signal ? and he didn't have a H-20 that you could swap out? or at least swap to see if the trouble was the receiver or not .....

JImbo

I think techs can't swap out advance products like tivo, hd, etc, only basic receivers. All advance products, directv has to ship it to you to swap out the bad receiver. I think.

jckm78 said:
I think techs can't swap out advance products like tivo, hd, etc, only basic receivers. All advance products, directv has to ship it to you to swap out the bad receiver. I think.

That may be so, but, IF he had one on his truck he could have taken 5 minutes to check and see if the trouble was indeed his H-20

Jimbo

Here is what we can swap

R15 for New R15
TIVO for Refurb R10
Any SD Basic reciever for a Refurb Basic Reciever

NO SWAP

ANY HD

Jimbos said:
That may be so, but, IF he had one on his truck he could have taken 5 minutes to check and see if the trouble was indeed his H-20

Jimbo
Yeap, that would save alot of trouble for Directv, tech and the end user. If the tech found out it is not the H-20, it would save alot of time and money for Directv and only takes the tech 5 min to find that out.

charper1 said:
Lets just assume that him cracking the seal on a new HD unit wouldn't cost him any pay?
How can you verify the problem if the ird isn't activated?. Channel 100 or 201 is not a good indicator of a bad box.

I am one agreeing that they CAN'T use a new unit off the van and was asking why we were assuming that cracking open a new unit wouldn't cost them money? Not sure why you quoted me?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)