Error Code 12-195

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
My HR20 700 may have bit the bullet, if so will be the first Directv receiver that has died on me(since '96)... Error code 12-195, network tuner problem I believe, it is searching for guide constantly (it was off standby when I got up this morning but thought the power had been off during the night),,,

Hate to end up with a commitment cause I'm getting close to end of current one where I upgrade my H10 and Sir360 for H20's...

Call the Protection Plan people then and have them replace it like for like, ythat will not add a commitment.

However, if you decide to upgrade, the HR24 is really nice.

It's alive! been too busy to get with CSR's and been out of town, then working... a couple of weeks ago I hooked up one of my H20's to one of the HR20's cables, strong signals but no guide etc... swapped B-band converters and no luck, swapped to another H20 and got a limited guide but didn't have time to mess with till today when I replaced the both Coax feeds to the dish & hooked up the HR20, same error code... tried a reset to national sw (tried this a couple of times plus CE sw a few times in the last month) and it came to life... lost some recordings due to going back to national from a month or so old CE sw but at least I do not have to play receiver roulette & probably end up with a worse receiver than my trusty HR20...

Just to be clear, IF you can get Directv to say the HR20 was replaced because it was faulty, there would be no commitment involved.

Under the PP , yes :)

PP or not, replacing a faulty leased receiver doesn't extend a commitment, or start a new one. I'm assuming dfergie's HR20 is leased since most of them are. The only thing the PP does in this case is guaranty free shipping of the new receiver, even though Directv will sometimes eat that cost if you don't have the PP.

PP or not, replacing a faulty leased receiver doesn't extend a commitment, or start a new one. I'm assuming dfergie's HR20 is leased since most of them are. The only thing the PP does in this case is guaranty free shipping of the new receiver, even though Directv will sometimes eat that cost if you don't have the PP.

You are correct, I keep thinking the PP is what thats for, but it's just to cover the shipping in this case.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)