Error code 890-Wrong connection for SyFy, other channels

My setup is similar except that My Hopper HDMI goes to an HDMI Splitter, that is connected to a Sanyo LCD TV via HDMI and an HD Fury that converts the HDMI To RGB component (the 5 wire type) into a Sony D50Q CRT projector.

I do not have any HDCP problems with my setup.

I'm going to try for that deal, since it has a 1hr in-stock guarantee. But I'm afraid I won't be able to park near Walmart at 6PM, or if I can park and walk, that I won't get through the crush of people before 7PM. But... Since this is the first time Walmart has tried this... Maybe I'll get lucky.

I scored a 32" LED HDTV for $98. Unfortunately, since they ran out of stock, it won't be a Funai but rather a poorly-rated Emerson. :(

Or... Get an hdcp compliant tv simple as that.

HCDP compliant TVs do not always handshake completely when TURNED OFF. That's the OP's issue not that the TV is not HDCP compliant. If the TV did not respond at all when turned off then the satellite receiver would not be blocking HDCP enabled programming. One of the issues is the HDMI port powers and "ID" chip associated with the port, but HDCP compliance (at least sometimes) comes from circuitry that is powered down when the TV is off.

Using analog and HDMI outputs simultaneously exacerbates the issue since the program block occurs on all outputs, not just HDMI. To get around this, the satellite receiver would need independent U/I circuitry on each output.

When using a single output to feed multiple TVs, analog component is a better choice to feed ALL TVs. Quality may not be quite as good as a digital connection via HDMI but it certainly gets around copy protection. Other possible solution: Route the HDMI signal through a passive switch that interrupts the HDMI connection.

HCDP compliant TVs do not always handshake completely when TURNED OFF. That's the OP's issue not that the TV is not HDCP compliant. If the TV did not respond at all when turned off then the satellite receiver would not be blocking HDCP enabled programming. One of the issues is the HDMI port powers and "ID" chip associated with the port, but HDCP compliance (at least sometimes) comes from circuitry that is powered down when the TV is off.

Using analog and HDMI outputs simultaneously exacerbates the issue since the program block occurs on all outputs, not just HDMI. To get around this, the satellite receiver would need independent U/I circuitry on each output.

When using a single output to feed multiple TVs, analog component is a better choice to feed ALL TVs. Quality may not be quite as good as a digital connection via HDMI but it certainly gets around copy protection. Other possible solution: Route the HDMI signal through a passive switch that interrupts the HDMI connection.
I tried the switch trick with my old Toshiba HDTV..The dish receiver would not recognize the switch as HDMI compliant

I tried the switch trick with my old Toshiba HDTV..The dish receiver would not recognize the switch as HDMI compliant
A switch will only serve to interrupt the connection between the dish receiver and the TV in the situation where the TV does not handshake HDCP compliance when off, but is HDCP compliant.

A switch won't make a noncompliant TV work with HDCP protected material. Since it's not a display a switch is not legally permitted to negotiate HDCP.

Your only option for a TV that is truly not HDCP compliant is to use analog component connections from the satellite receiver to the TV.

I have bee4n dealing with error 890 for about 7 months. I have a 2 year old JVC(almost a grand) so its not going anywhere anytime soon. It used to be just ABC FAMILY, now its BRAVO, SCIFI AND USA. Of course if you unplug for 10 seconds blah blah blah...its fine. Used to be one a month-now its every day. I am sick of it....if I get rid of dish HD and go back to the regular dish DVR this won't happen right?

I have bee4n dealing with error 890 for about 7 months. I have a 2 year old JVC(almost a grand) so its not going anywhere anytime soon. It used to be just ABC FAMILY, now its BRAVO, SCIFI AND USA. Of course if you unplug for 10 seconds blah blah blah...its fine. Used to be one a month-now its every day. I am sick of it....if I get rid of dish HD and go back to the regular dish DVR this won't happen right?

Could just use SD OUTPUTS

I would give Jason the TV make and model and have him send it up. When they have specific examples, it's much easier for them to adjust. I don't think they know all the specific TVs that have handshake issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts