ERROR "Do Not Use Channel" message appears when recording HDD

Achebee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
Honduras
I installed a Western Digital 1TB drive today, plugged it in and the Azbox Premium Plus recognizes it.. The new HDD was partitioned Fat32, so I deleted the partition and ran Format, it is now Linux and ready to go, everything is recognized, but when I try to record, an Error message appears "Do Not Use Channel".. That message appears on every channel I try, on different satellites .
So I tried different stuff including setting up a timed recording and it will not record.
Anyone know how to work around this problem??
Thanks for your help, HB

Found a possible solution (on the official AZBox Forum, from pr2, a moderator there).

Your channel list may be corrupted, so if you have a previously backed up channel list, restore it and re-boot.

If it still doesn't work, it is suggested to perform a reset to factory default settings, re-boot your Azbox, and then put back your channel list.

Thanks Keith, I was thinking and hoping it was a software issue, but did not know...I will do this and report back my results. Thanks for the quick reply, HB

Keith, hello, I went to Azbox Forums to read more from your suggestion on the forums here...I saw older post by you concerning your wd EARS drive... and reading about the EADS drives etc.
My drive is a Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1000GB / 1TB 7.2K SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
I did a search for it at Azbox Forums and nothing...
I wonder if it is a drive problem...I still have not factory defaulted or any of the stuff as per your suggestions...Wondering if you know if the FALS WD works with Azbox...perhaps that is the problem thanks, HB

Other than the minor problem of the AZBox not finding the HDD 8 or 9 times out of ten on a cold boot (requiring a soft re-boot to find it), my WD10EARS 1TB has performed well as far as recording/playback of recorded files, or those I have transferred to the drive.

I can find nothing about the compatibility of your WD with the AZBox, but tend to believe that if it recognized the drive, and you were able to format it, it should (and I stress "should"!) work.

To test the drive, there are a number of things you can do. If you have the AZBox connected to your network, you could FTP to it, and see what directories appear (/DATA, then /HDB1 should show about 10 directories including /MOVIES). You could then transfer a video to the /MOVIES directory and then play it back through the AZBox and see how it plays. Alternatively, you could put a video on a USB drive, and using the File Manager on the AZBox, copy and transfer it to the MOVIES directory, and then play it.

That will give you an idea whether the drive is compatible or not, and then you can decide whether to do the other steps mentioned, or replace the drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)