GEOSATpro Error: Invalid Entry, Continue Editing?

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
While trying to set a recording timer, I am getting the error
Error: Invalid Entry, Continue Editing?
The current time is 11:50PM 01/12/2013 as indicated in the timer setting window. (I'm in EST time Zone if that makes a difference)
I am trying to manually set a timer with the settings:
Once, Record, Channel, 01.13.2013, 02:58AM, 02:04
If I change the timer to PM instead of AM with the rest the same it sets fine.
As a test I kept changing the start time to 03:00AM, 04:00AM, 05:00PM, 06:00PM and it will allow me to set the timer for 07:00AM, but not for 06:00AM or before.
My local time settings are:
GMT Usage On
GMT Offset UTC - 05:00
Daylight Savings Off
Turning GMT Off allows the timer to be set.
Now, when I first tried to setup this timer, I already had a timer in slot 1 and 3. I was trying to set the timer for slot 2. When I changed the GMT to Off, my timer 3 disappeared (must be because it was only a few hours until the timer was to activate) and allowed me to set the timer for slot 2. Turning GMT back on, my newly created timer in slot 2 disappeared and I was able to create the timer in slot 2. (note slot 3 was still empty and my timer in slot 1 remained)
Now with GMT set to on, I can set a timer for a few minutes in length, to occur a half hour in the future fine.
So all is well now, but if it occurs again I will post back. (Did toggling GMT off and on reset something? or did it not like having timers in slot 1 and 3, but slot 2 is empty?)

Last edited:
By switching the GMT ON/OFF, depending on the actual transmitted transponder time that you are tuned to, the inputted timer might be during on beyond the timer setting. The GMT time reference on the uplink encoder for each transponder is usually is not set correctly. The transponder that you were tuned to during this error was likely not transmitting the TDT GMT reference or the time is incorrectly referenced.

We do not recommend using GMT ON mode if you will be changing channels between different transponders. GMT ON will give you nothing but grief unless the receiver only is programmed for channels on one transponder.

You will have best results with timers if the GMT is set OFF, date / time is manually set and receiver is kept in operation mode.

Last edited:
YEP! That is the biggest problem I have with the microHD. I am still working to get it set up, but even on the 12VDC batteries, I am getting power down resets which seem to be throwing the clock way off.... So far everything else I have tried seems to work. I am looking for a very large capacitor to follow a diode to see if that will do the trick. An extra battery has not. Ooops not on topic. But you gotta' leave UTC /GMT OFF. If you are on commercial power you should be OK.

Rv1pop,

This isn't a problem with the microHD, it is due to uplinkers not referencing their equipment time to the universal time.

Off Subject: Your set-up is so unique, I would suggest that referencing issues related to the unreliable power of your off the grid DC battery bank has nothing to do with GMT timer issues.

I would think that 12vdc operation would not be so problematic. Personally, I would have a 12vdc motorcycle battery inline to prevent DC system interruptions. Use the small 12vdc battery with simple electronics to prevent back feeding to your battery bank. When your 12vdc main system battery bank fails, the small back-up battery could power the microHD for many days!

"the small back-up battery could power the microHD for many days!"
I would go this route as well as opposed to a capacitor, with a surface diode between the battery bank and the small (motorcycle) battery.
On another slightly on-topic issue, I recently replaced the battery in my ATV with a gel-cell battery as opposed to going the usual lead-acid unit. Cost was about 25% more but I often neglect to check the acid level so I think the gel cell might last longer, and can't spill if I end up upside-down (as one might occasionally find oneself when ATVing..). Would certainly recommend one of these for indoor use as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)